• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power attack with a bow?

It's also worth noting that in 3.0, PA for archers was considered a huge no-no, because archers typically had much higher attack bonuses that meleeers. In 3.5, this is less of an issue, as they don't get to stack enhancement bonuses anymore (and the Magic Weapon spells are less useful). I also think that any DM who allows archers to use a PA-like ability should pay very close attention to cover modifiers.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Kat' said:
Align weapon does not help against, say, Undead, or Plants. And even though you *may* have arrows made of cold iron, silver, or adamantine, how often do you *really* have some?

not that often, but their are some really cheap arrows that to slashing in races of the wild. really the only damage reduction that can be a problem is /bludgeoning (if undead) and /-

moritheil

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
not that often, but their are some really cheap arrows that to slashing in races of the wild. really the only damage reduction that can be a problem is /bludgeoning (if undead) and /-

I'd say the real problem is bludgeoning. DR /- is usually rather low.

Darklone

Kat' said:
Align weapon does not help against, say, Undead, or Plants. And even though you *may* have arrows made of cold iron, silver, or adamantine, how often do you *really* have some?
Always? Assuming they are available for purchase, every archer in our groups buys them as the first thing he can afford after upgrading his bow.

werk

First Post
Pagan priest said:
The Arms and Equipment Guide includes blunt tipped arrows...

I thought they only did subdual damage though...which would make them a bad solution for the problem at hand.

Maybe I'm off on that.

Remove ads