• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power2ool Problem

Zanjan

First Post
Hey all. I just discovered power2ool and it is awesome. However, I have a major problem in that I cannot edit any of the widgets. Shift-clicking doesn't produce the pop-up edit window. This problem happens in both Safari and Firefox. I have the latest browser and flash versions installed. I've adjusted various preference settings in both browsers to no avail. I've spent hours trying to fix this but can't find a single reference to this problem with Power2ool anywhere.

Here's the kicker: I booted an older PC running an older version of Firefox and Flash, and it worked fine!

Not that it should matter but I'm using an iMac running OSX 10.6.8, Firefox 10.0.2, Flash player v11. The old PC was using XP Pro and Firefox 3.65 and a similarly old version of Flash.

This is driving me nuts and I'm dying to use this software! Any suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I am also a huge fan of Power2ool. I don't know if I can be of much help, but I will try.

You're right in that it shouldn't matter what OS you are using, and it should be working fine on FF10.0.2 and Flash 11. That's what I have and it works fine. I am running it on 3 different systems, all similarly configured, though, for the record, they're all Windows machines. A desktop and a laptop both running Vista, and a netbook on 7 Starter.

One of the guys in my group uses it with his Mac (17" Macbook Pro, I think), and hasn't had an issue.

One thing I have noticed was that sometimes the app is picky about where your cursor is when you shift-click.

Have you tried other browsers? Maybe try Opera, or Chrome, or even IE (I know, blarg).

I know the developer uses these forums sometimes and he has been very helpful in the past. I can't remember his username at the moment though. Have you tried emailing him? It's linked from the main power2ool page.

EDIT: Found a thread you might find useful: http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-discussion/301508-critique-my-d-d-tool.html

This is the original thread about power2ool, and contains a lot of tech support items. A lot of the issues are replied to directly by the author, [MENTION=6670472]doublewumpus[/MENTION] himself. Perhaps you've found a bug; I'm sure he'd like to know about it if that's the case.

Last edited:

Zanjan

First Post
Hey, thanks much for the help. The crazy thing is, I can run it on an old PC running 3.6 firefox and similarly old flash! I'm going to try opera or chrome and see what happens. I've clicked on every possible portion of the widget without effect.

I've sent 3 emails to the feedback link for power2ool without any replies. I'll read through the original threads to see if anything comes up, but I'm hopeless at this point. Maybe the opera browser will do the trick.

Thanks much for the effort and I'll let you know if I have any luck

Update: Opera shift-click wouldn't even bring up delete or duplicate buttons. Chrome would not allow shift-click editing, same as firefox and Safari. It has to be on my side of things, but I can't imagine what it is. I'm befuddled

Update 2: a week of email to the author through feedback and through enworld has yet to get a response. I'm sure he's busy with a bunch of stuff. Or maybe, I caught him on a vacation! ;-)

Last edited:

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I'm using power2ool on my Mac Air (10.7.3) in Firefox (10.0.2) with no problems. I've learned not to use Chrome, which seems to struggle with it. (and shift-click is the command I've used)

I have problems behind our work firewalls -- I can get to the site, but I think the flash libraries won't load, the site just spins. If I switch to an outside network (like the hotspot on my phone) I can use it just fine.

It doesn't sound like yours is the same sort of problem, but you might change networks, if possible, and see if that makes any sort of difference.

-rg

Zanjan

First Post
Okay, I tried command-clicking with no results. I disabled my firewall, rebooted firefox--no luck. I changed from ethernet connection to wireless, still with no success.

Thanks for the attempts everyone. I got excited for a moment, but still can't use it on my mac. I'm completely baffled.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads