• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PrC that lets you become an elemental?

Lizard Lips

First Post
I've got a player playing a dwarven fighter, and after getting bored with taking level after level of fighter, has decided his character will become pathologically obsessed with fire. His character has begun worshipping the elemental princes of the plane of flame to give him something else to do.

Anyway, he wants to start taking cleric levels and switch into a prestige class that will culminate in turning him into an actual elemental creature. I can make one up, but I was hoping there'd be something out there already to either use straight or as a backbone to tweak. Anybody know of one?

IceBear

Explorer
Link Deleted

I don't know if this is the same as the one from Tome and Blood. If so, I don't know if this link is good or not.

Edit: I removed the link because it appears to be the same as the one from Tome and Blood and thus against copyright. Anyway, there is one in that book

IceBear

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Elemental Archon (DoF)

Maybe Elemental Savant (T&B)

Also, maybe he can ask for the half-elemental template (MoP), but it's at least +2 ECL, so he'll have to negotiate something with the DM.

Andargor

Azure Trance

First Post
andargor said:
Elemental Archon (DoF)

Maybe Elemental Savant (T&B)

Also, maybe he can ask for the half-elemental template (MoP), but it's at least +2 ECL, so he'll have to negotiate something with the DM.

Andargor

For the races, there was a suggestion in Dragon that the character, when gaining levels, could use it to 'purchase' the ECL level of the new race. Say, ECL+2 for HalfElemental, after one level he gets half the bonuses and the other the rest of them.

Vysirez

First Post
Or if you want just take the half elemental template and spread it out over mabye a 5 or 10 lvl PRC. That is basically what a dragon disciple is. So for a 5 lvl PRC you spread the various bonuses and give it 3/4 BAB. So after 5 lvls you loose 2 BAB(+2ECL would do the same). The DD gives a +3ECL template so it gives +7 BAB over 10 lvls. Again works out about the same.

So if you throw in a couple other bonuses besides the template to even out the levels. IE he started taking cleric levels right? so mabye over 5 levels he gets +2 or 3 caster levels, +3 BAB and the half elemental template. I think +2 caster levels would be more even but might be a tiny bit weak. However I do think it would balance out better for a 5 lvl PRC. It depends on what kinda requirements you put on it.

retan

Explorer
Although the elemental savant from tome and blood does turn your character into an elemental, I don't think that it is appropriate to this character due to its poor combat ability. If I remember correctly, it gets a HD of 1d4 and a wizard's attack bonus progression.

I unfortunately don't know of any prestige classes that would fit this character.

-- Retan

hammymchamham

First Post
retan said:
. If I remember correctly, it gets a HD of 1d4 and a wizard's attack bonus progression.

It gets these "wizard" abilities because its a PrC designed for wizards (or sorcerors), since you need to be able to cast at least 1 3rd level spell and have 2 metamagic feats, and 8 ranks in 2 knolwedge skills.

Noldor Elf

First Post
I have thought about using the Prestice Race for my very fire devoted druid, but I haven't been able to get that dragon yet (I'm not a subscriber and it takes LONG time for dragon to arrive to my LFGS), so are those prestice races any good, especially Flame Focus?

If there is some site where I could get more information about them, I would appreciate if you could provide the link.

IceBear

Explorer
retan said:
Although the elemental savant from tome and blood does turn your character into an elemental, I don't think that it is appropriate to this character due to its poor combat ability. If I remember correctly, it gets a HD of 1d4 and a wizard's attack bonus progression.

I unfortunately don't know of any prestige classes that would fit this character.

-- Retan

True, sorry. It was just the only one that came to mind at the time.

IceBear

Remove ads