WOIN Pre-made Monster scores

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
Hi there,
As I know you are going to do a WOIN Monster Manual - please re-read and re-calculate the scores from te books before copying them wrong.

DEFENCEs seem completely off sometimes - I think somebody forgot size modifyers; woodland creatures get 10 DEFENCE despite being tiny, for example.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The woodland creature's scores are correct. 10 is the lowest that any DEFENCE can ever be.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.39.45 AM.png

MacD

How? Tiny creatures should get +6 to melee and ranged defenses, not speaking about AGI 8;

Is size no factor for WOIN enemies?

Edit- I just got it.
It's the 1d6 MDP limit.
Even if I cannot understand how a cat should be hit as easy as an paralyzed troll...

I think you should think about changing defense rules for tiny monsters, allowing them appropiate def scores

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How? Tiny creatures should get +6 to melee and ranged defenses, not speaking about AGI 8;

Is size no factor for WOIN enemies?
As the book says, the minimum DEFENSE score any creature can have is 10. If the final score is less than 10, increase it to 10.

Last edited:

MacD

As the book says, the minimum DEFENSE score any creature can have is 10. If the final score is less than 10, increase it to 10.

If you prefer otherwise in your game, that would be a house rule, but it is not the rules as written.
Sorry, have been on reply too long 😆
I got my mistake.

Cheers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Let me work through the woodland creature.

Tiny 1d6 skirmisher
MELEE DEFENCE = MDP x 2 = 2
SIZE +4
TOTAL =6

Raised to the minimum of 10.

Looks correct!

MacD

Like I said before - I got it just before your answer 😆

I think in this case rules should be changed to reflect size better;
like size bonus could add to the defense minimum

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Feel free to do that in your home game! It's your game! Always go with whatever works best for you. :)

Remove ads