• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

prestige class for figther

Glaurung

First Post
Even better, go with the gnome ranger. Then you can get a dire badger mount-also medium size and more scary than any dog. Also you get a few cantrips and can speak with your mount when necessary (via speak with burrowing animals). Make sure to use Monte's ranger!

Cake Mage

Explorer
and for your race, if you want to take the hp daage and keep on ticking but don't care much for dex, look at the half-golem templates that WotC put on their website and soon to be released Montser Manual 2. then go dwarf Half Golem (take your pick on which one) and get a massive con boost for tons of hp something like a 30 will do for the extra +10 hp a lvl so at say 10 lvl you'll have a min of 110 hp with a possible 200 if you go class lvl with d10 hp rolls. very nice I say. :D

Last edited:

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Let's see- you've already got a Fighter/Bard/Bladesinger (Having played a Fighter/Bard/Ranger/Bladesinger, these guys are NOT to be underestimated- they were born for frontline combat, even though they weren't designed for using heavy armor), 2 Wizards (overkill, if you ask me- one straight wizard and one wizard multiclass is all a party of six, let alone five, needs), and a Rogue/Dungeon Delver (very useful)- you're missing something VERY important-

THE CLERIC!

If I were in your shoes, I'd make a straight cleric, and multiclass him as a Hospitaler (munchkin, I know, but effective). Take War and Glory for your domains (War will give you a free Weapon Focus, too!)- combined with the full fighter attack progression granted to the Hospitaler and the full Cleric spell progression, and access to all armor, you'll be formidable in melee and have the healing power that your party will be greatly in need of.

Cleric is the most powerful class in the game. Hospitaler makes them absolutely broken.

Asheron

First Post
yeah we got that figured out though........... we got a cleric instead of two wizards so i'll stick with fighter/tempest. I've been playing cleric for a while with another group so I want something different for a change but I must agree clerics are formidable fighters once buffed

I am curious though if the DM lets me take the dwarven/half golem :rolleyes: .................I problably know the answer

ForceUser

Explorer
Frostmarrow said:
By having a bladesinger as main fighter in the group you really hand over the responsibility of party-survival to the DM.
Are you kidding? I've played a bladesinger for six levels now, and they are more than capable as front-line fighters. My bladesinger often enters combat with a 39 AC, entirely self-buffed. Add in mirror image, displacement, protection from arrows, stoneskin, the Expertise feat (required for the class), etc, and you've got a character more than capable of standing toe-to-toe with the toughest foes. I should know; I've done it.

There is no way you can make it with this party-composition wihout the DM making serious amends. On the other hand if the DM is running a homebrew and only adventures of his own design it seems like an interesting party and a whole slew of fun! :)
I don't know about "no" way, but it will certainly be rough without healing. Original poster: have you considered playing a cleric?

Ps. Make sure you look up the errata for the bladesinger as it gets a lot better. Ds.
Agreed.

River

First Post
The single most broken prestiege class out there is not the Templar, but the Hospitaler!

Play a cleric <wait for it> Switch to hospitaler at first opportunity.

You'll get loads of hospitaler fearts and continue to fully advance as a cleric.

Fighter crushing cleric healing all in one package!

River

warpmind

First Post
I'm playing a campaign (now we are 15th level) where we have a Wizard a Fighter/Wizard/Bladesinger Rogue and my character. ¿isn't quite similar to your party?. Well I play a Fighter 10/Duelist 5, and I strongly recomend it to you.
The role is very funny, and is a really capable fighter. It also matches the agility of the rogue and the bladesinger, and finds it easy to get through threatened areas in order to get flanking bonus (and to assist the rogue with his sneak attacks). You'll get bonuses on initiative, Reflex saves, damage,AC, and you'll even get Acrobatic Attack (gets +2 on hitting and damage rolls when jumping towards the opponent). You'll sure have a great time playing it.

Someone

Adventurer
I suggest fighter/barbarian. No PrC, but powerful enough and tough as nails if you dont mind losing the extra movement and use full plate and shield. With weapon spec, rage, Uncanny Dodge, and the feats, you can wade through enemies.

Taren Seeker

First Post
I see you're giving Tempest a look. To that I give a resounding "eh". You're better off with Ranger and Fighter levels leading to a different PrC, as most things the Tempest can do ranger/fighter can about as well. Strangely, the two main abilities of the class cancel each other out. At higher levels, you'd be giving up 3 (or 4) off hand attacks for a small AC bump? Not worth it. Also, the only ability you can't duplicate with standard feats is perfect ambidexterity which is only a +2 to hit. Again not significant at high levels.

IMO strong prestige classes for a fighter:

Fighter/Divine Champion/Holy Liberator is a great choice, especially with the Det Evil and immunity to charms and compulsions. Put some points into Cha and you've made a quite self-sufficient front liner with added punch when needed.

If you really want to break out the funkiness:
4 Fighter/3 Rogue/X Lasher. THe higher level abilities of the Lasher class are sick. Fight 2 handed with a Defending Dagger, a Buckler and Off Hand Parry, your AC will shoot to the moon. If you can manage the feats, eventually try for Duelist. That's a tough one though.

Knight of the Chalice is also pretty sweet but it's too specialized.

One of the most useful classes out there for fighter/ranger types would have to be Planar Champion. It's easy to qualify for and has abilities that are indispensible. The ability to see invis, turn one or both of your weapons into force effects (for an unlimited time!) and the ability to open/sunder portals can all be total party lifesavers. If your DM allows it TAKE IT.

Good to hear that you have a cleric, otherwise I would've recommended going for a 1 Ranger/6 Cleric/X Windwalker, using a Duskwood Keen Greatsword (for Spikes spell) and armor spikes for off hand attacks. Combine this with the mobility (Air Walk) and fighter BAB of the Windwalker, and cast spells as a cleric of one less than your level? Ouch. You know what? I recommend this one anyways. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads