• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

prestige class for figther

Arken

Explorer
River said:
The single most broken prestiege class out there is not the Templar, but the Hospitaler!

Play a cleric <wait for it> Switch to hospitaler at first opportunity.

You'll get loads of hospitaler fearts and continue to fully advance as a cleric.

Fighter crushing cleric healing all in one package!

River

Yep hospitaler is really broken :), the spells of a cleric, the ablities of a paladin adn the BAB and feats of a fighter...

Shadeus

First Post
Forget that tempest crap. Go 7th-level fighter/6th-level dwarven defender. That's DR (3), Uncanny Dodge (no flanking, no flatfooted), 6d12 hit points, +2 to AC, and 3 defensive stances a day.

Load yourself up with armor, a dwarven waraxe, power attack and watch the limbs fly. Oh, and boots of striding and springing to increase your movement to 30'.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I prefer to go Gold Knight or one of the Knights of Corean. ESPECIALLY if I'm wielding the new Gold Blade from R&R2. That REALLY kicks some butt! :) Just toss on undead bane with Deathbane and you're really to take on some hordes of UNDEAD! :)

warpmind

First Post
In the SL my choice would have been a Mithril Knight or (if there's a Necromancer) an Unfailing. Unfortunately I DM in the SL but don't play there. My friends use Kalamar, Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms in their campaigns. ¡I hope one of my characters will find someday a portal to get into the Kelders!

S

shurai

Shadeus said:
Forget that tempest crap. Go 7th-level fighter/6th-level dwarven defender. That's DR (3), Uncanny Dodge (no flanking, no flatfooted), 6d12 hit points, +2 to AC, and 3 defensive stances a day.

Load yourself up with armor, a dwarven waraxe, power attack and watch the limbs fly. Oh, and boots of striding and springing to increase your movement to 30'.

Right on! I would suggest Fighter 4/Barbarian 4/Dwarven Defender 5. A Dwarf with con 20 (easily done by 13th lvl) would, in this case, have 3d10+9d12+78 hit points, a full BAB, faster movement, Rage AND defensive stance, and some pretty good skills even.

Actually, that's a good question for the boards, can you rage and defensive stance at once? Hmm . . .

-S

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
No, go fighter 4, sorc 1, Dragon Disciple 10.

You get to be size large and your stats go through the roof (+16 str, + 6? con, +2 int&cha), Immunity to one element, flight, natural armor etc.

Dual wield Falchions and watch the carnage assemble.

Fighter/Sorcerer, plus some Dragon Desciple, Tempest, or Ranger. Go for the two weapon riff, plus some low level spells like True Strike and Shield. Mage armor would be great for all the light armor class combos mentioned before, but here is the killer...

Don't do TWF, do MULTI Weapon Fighting. All you need is access to a form with multiple arms, which Alter Self gives you. How about 16 attacks per round? :D

If you went the rider route, Sorcerer/Druid would be good too. Imagine that dire wolverine with Spider Climb and either Chill Touch or Greater Magic Fang.

Last edited:

Remove ads