Prestige Class help.

waterdhavian

First Post
Ok, I am completely out of ideas for my rogue. Currently he is Rogue4/Fighter2. His feats are all combat oriented since we lack a main fighter and our group has 1 other rogue and an artificer. The party consists of a psionic warrior, an artificer, a druid, a bard and two rogues. The other rogue has identical levels in rogue and fighter and is planning to go Thunder guide. I was contemplating going this route as well but dont see it happening for this character, doesnt fit well. My backstory for this character is hes a former scout for Cyre and ended up in Sharn after the war. More to it than that but dont want to go into it all.

Currently have a BAB of +5
Feats: combat expertise, improved feint, weapon finesse, point blank shot, precise shot and deadeye shot.

Any suggestions would be great.

waterdhavian

First Post
I could go that way. The artificer has claimed the disable/open lock skills and the bard is built for diplomacy so I think that going more front line would be good.

zypherillius

First Post
Yay PrCs!

you could try thief acrobat, i dont remember what the reques for it are though off the top of my head, and if sneak attack isnt your thing, you could reengineer the levels of rogue for the martial rogue variant out of the UA, youd get the fighter feat progression instead of sneak attack, but sneak attack is what rogues do.
flip through the complete adventurer, that would probably give you some good ideas.
ive got a 5 rogue/5 jester that in 2 levels will be taking arcane trickster so i can up the sneak attack and levels of jester and channel ottos through the weapon and do sneak attack. :)

waterdhavian

First Post
hmm, I was thinking of asking my DM if I could rework him a bit since we got alot covered by other player's characters. The Bard has one rogue level and the Artificer can mimic nearly everything I can do except being stealthy and charismatic. Nearest feat is 9th level unless I take more fighter levels which then the next feat will be at 8th, fighter only.

Question

First Post
I think you are fairly screwed at this point, i dont think any rogue PRC is meant to be frontline. You can try asking your DM to re-work your PC.

Dross Swordra

First Post
The invisible blade prestige class from complete warrior does a pretty good job of inserting a rogue onto the front line. I don't have the book in front of me right now, but it looks like your feats mesh pretty well with it. You should ask your DM if he (or she) allows the phbII ability to re-learn feats.

szilard

First Post
Core Class options:

Fighter - not a bad option

Swashbuckler - if you wear light armor and have a decent Int bonus, three levels of Swashbuckler could rock.

PRC options:

Assassin

Duelist

Invisible Blade

Master Thrower

Shadowdancer

-Stuart

Kurotowa

Legend
No one's mention Streetfightered (Complete Adventurer) yet. If you have the right skills, it's a decent 5 level PrC will full BAB and a few nice class features. After that you'd be 11th level, maybe take another Rogue level then try for Heir of Siberys.

Remove ads