• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Primal Power Discussion

Beckett

Explorer
Man, they could make that feat +5 to attack rolls and I don't know if I take it. How often do players get marked by monsters?

Several soldiers mark on hits- as early as the kobold dragonshields. And since they're the ones with the higher than normal ACs, I think it could be handy.

Tallifer

Hero
On another note, there sure is a big feathery pile of fluff in the Primal Power book: there must be about fifty pages. Class introductions, spirits, backgrounds. I was disappointed with the spirit fluff: compared to divine domains, the spirits (outside of powers and class features) have no effect on gameplay.

Destil

Explorer
This means thatm assuming he takes Hide Expertise and focuses on Str and Con, a Barb's AC will be 1, 2 and 3 points higher than expected in heroic, paragon and epic tier respectively. In addition, Con increases his HP, his Healing Surge value and the number of his healing surges.
Add Second Skin to the mix, and his AC at higher levels is higher than that of your average 25th-30th level shield and board fighter.
Sword and Board + heavy armor is rapidly becoming the worst way to go if you actually want good AC...

thatdarnedbob

First Post
Got my copy in the mail today. I'm currently playing a Thaneborn (Cha-seconday build) Barbarian, and while it has some good stuff for me, I really want an at-will that uses Cha, and someway to pump my AC like the 3 hide armor feats that Con barbarians enjoy.

CapnZapp

Legend
I'm really happy Primal Power arrived, and the "Con Barbs are overpowered!" calls with it.

There had been a lull in nerdrage flamewars lately... ;)

Gort

Explorer
To be honest, it's the whirling barbarian I think is really powerful here. The two-weapon at-will is really nice (effectively 2[W]+STR+DEX if you set it up right, which isn't hard to do), and having STR/DEX as your primary/secondary stats PLUS the barbarian AC bonus seems to set them up excellently as far as defenses go.

Last edited:

Remove ads