• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apolcalypse/Adventurer's Handbook by Sasquatch Game Studios

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Not familiar with Red Hand of Doom, now I may have to look into it. That said, sounds like a solid writer is developing this adventure series. Should be awesome.

Klaus

First Post
Rich Baker (one of the Sasquatches) co-wrote Red Hand of Doom, wrote Reavers of Harkenwold, and co-wrote Lost Mine of Phandelver, some of the best D&D adventures of the past 10 years.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Although it's 20 years ago, now, he also co-designed one of my favorite RPGs of all time for TSR, called Alternity. That game is famous to me as the only game that ever really successfully modeled "dead man walking" with its stun/wounds/mortal hit points - a combatant that was otherwise OK and able to fight for a short time, but was bleeding out and going to die. The bleed damage from paizo never quite cut it for me, and shadowrun's does come close, but it's more of a death spiral.

Anyway, very good designer.

dream66_

First Post
Although it's 20 years ago, now, he also co-designed one of my favorite RPGs of all time for TSR, called Alternity. That game is famous to me as the only game that ever really successfully modeled "dead man walking" with its stun/wounds/mortal hit points - a combatant that was otherwise OK and able to fight for a short time, but was bleeding out and going to die. The bleed damage from paizo never quite cut it for me, and shadowrun's does come close, but it's more of a death spiral.

Anyway, very good designer.

I loved me some Alternity, feel like it really got the shaft for d20 StarWars.

Remove ads