• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apolcalypse/Adventurer's Handbook by Sasquatch Game Studios

gyor

Legend
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_Elder_Elemental_Eye

The Cult of the Elder Elemental Evil is already on Faerun, during the Abyssal Plague books Thazidun expanded his reach to more worlds using the Abyssal Plague, Toril was one of those worlds he reached.

So its not so much a straight up copy of Greyhawks Temple of Elemental Evil, but with Faerun names as the Greyhawk Temple opened up a Toril branch in Akanul thanks to a Abyssal Plague Demon.

This happen in the Sword of the Gods book. Interesting note about that book, the hero Deva (incarnated as opposed to Astral), is actually reborn on different d&d worlds depending on the will of the Gods, which means he acts as a connection between worlds (settings). Unlike most other Toril Deva his origin is not Mulhorand and Unther.

We may actually find out what happened in Akanul after the Sundering.

This also means that incarnate Devas might, just might also be in this book.

Its be neat if Genasi, Planetouched, and Incarnate Devas (possible called Aasimar) were in this book as races, but it would be funny too as you'd have 4e Tieflings, Genasi, and Aasimar as each seperate unique races, with all the pre 4e Planetouched being combined into a single Planetouched race with subraces with in 5e.

Agamon

Adventurer
The Demon Weave is the actual Weave. The Weave was in tatters after the whole Cyric slays Mysta incident and Lolth was using these tatters to weave together her own new Weave, she just called it the Demon Weave. When she was defeated Mystra took over what Demon Weave Lolth has already strung together and attached the rest and called it the Weave again.

I think I may be getting the Demon Weave confused with the Shadow Weave then.

So many weaves, so little time.

Rich Baker

First Post
Hi, everybody --

Sasquatch Rich here, shambling out of the woods...

Yes, we're partnering with Wizards of the Coast on an upcoming project for the new edition of the Dungeons & Dragons game, and we couldn't be more excited. We don't want to say much about the work yet, but we like how it's coming together! In particular, it's been fun to work with designers, editors, and artists we count as friends... and who happen to know D&D 5e forward and backward.

We promise that you'll be the first to know when the Sasquatches have more to share. Right now, we don't want to distract folks from the excellent Tyranny of Dragons story arc that is currently running. After all, that would only play into Tiamat's talons! For more details on exactly what we are doing and how it ties into the overall story arc, you'll have to talk to Wizards.

Thanks for your interest. Sasquatches are naturally shy and retiring creatures, but you'll hear plenty from us soon enough!

Rich Baker
Sasquatch Game Studio

Darkfox190

First Post
I'm exceptionally curious about this line in the product description: "The Elemental Evil Adventurer’s Handbook provides everything that players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil story arc, with skills, abilities, and spells meant to augment their play experience throughout the campaign."

The mention of skills makes me think, at first glance, that there might be new skills associated with the book. I imagine, however, that it actually means new uses for old skills.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Hi, everybody --

Yes, we're partnering with Wizards of the Coast on an upcoming project for the new edition of the Dungeons & Dragons game, and we couldn't be more excited. We don't want to say much about the work yet, but we like how it's coming together! In particular, it's been fun to work with designers, editors, and artists we count as friends... and who happen to know D&D 5e forward and backward.

We promise that you'll be the first to know when the Sasquatches have more to share. Right now, we don't want to distract folks from the excellent Tyranny of Dragons story arc that is currently running. After all, that would only play into Tiamat's talons! For more details on exactly what we are doing and how it ties into the overall story arc, you'll have to talk to Wizards.

Thanks for your interest. Sasquatches are naturally shy and retiring creatures, but you'll hear plenty from us soon enough!

Rich Baker
Sasquatch Game Studio

Great to hear; you guys rock!

Has there been a lot of learning from the feedback on the flaws in the Tyranny of Dragons adventures?

I really want to know if there is something for home brew settings in here... Mike Mearls said Psionics would be presented this way, and I know this isn't psionics, but will we have class/subclass or race info in here???

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I really want to know if there is something for home brew settings in here... Mike Mearls said Psionics would be presented this way, and I know this isn't psionics, but will we have class/subclass or race info in here???

My guess, not in the adventure but the companion book will be exactly for this.

Warder

My guess, not in the adventure but the companion book will be exactly for this.

Warder
I'm really hoping to see elemental domains for clerics (air, earth, fire, and water for sure, and a cold domain wouldn't hurt either), a sorely-needed elemental subclass for sorcerers, more powers for elemental monks, maybe even an elemental/planar ranger or druid subclass, and definitely the genasi race. Also: more spells!

sgtscott658

First Post
Howdy-

Thanks for the info Mr. Baker, I really enjoyed Cormyr the tearing of the weave and Shadowdale The scourring of the land FR adventures by you. So I'm really stoked that WotC has designers with experience designing adventures in the Realms. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Scott

Hi, everybody --

Rich Baker
Sasquatch Game Studio

Remove ads