Level Up (A5E) Print Run

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Having just read MCDM's update on printing....what is your plan for managing this? I mean, it looks bleak. I'm all in, I'm buying, just curious.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I’m afraid I’m not familiar with MCDM’s update on printing?
They could barely even find a printer to handle their run on the last KS.....and printers are limited in how much paper they can buy....and they are delayed by months now.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Basically, printing and shipping are impossible right now (which is also why I don't have the furniture I ordered......though that's manufacturing and shipping).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Our bulk shipping quotes to the US are certainly high right now (about 2x normal), but our printing quotes (we print in the EU) are looking OK. Obviously we can’t predict the future.

I have sympathy for those who print in China and ship to the US, which as up to 5x shipping container costs and delays. And apparently Avatar has used up most of the US cardboard supply right now!

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
I don't know about that specific issue, but I do know shipping has gone crazy over the past year. The last figure I saw bantered around is that a shipping container costing $1500 to ship is now costing $12,000. Add insult to injury, most shipping containers are in the US, so they need to be brought back to China to be used again.

I'm sure the book industry is not immune. In fact, I saw one publisher say they moved to a Canadian printing company because even with that additional cost, it was still cheaper than China.

Faolyn

(she/her)
And apparently Avatar has used up most of the US cardboard supply right now!
Avatar's publishers are more than welcome to come to my house and pick up all of my empty boxes. :D Being a disabled non-driver means I get everything shipped to me if I can, and the boxes pile up.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I don't know about that specific issue, but I do know shipping has gone crazy over the past year. The last figure I saw bantered around is that a shipping container costing $1500 to ship is now costing $12,000. Add insult to injury, most shipping containers are in the US, so they need to be brought back to China to be used again.

I'm sure the book industry is not immune. In fact, I saw one publisher say they moved to a Canadian printing company because even with that additional cost, it was still cheaper than China.
Yeah, it's a mess right now. I have a feeling if you're shipping anything but food or medicine right now, it's a real tooth-grinding experience.

Remove ads