Prismatic Rays + Divine Oracle

cmbarona

First Post
I just noticed... isn't Terrifying Insight only available to Clerics? Or is it possible for a Cleric to multiclass into wizards enough to get Prismatic (edit) Beams? (don't have the books with me, can't look up the exact rules)

James McMurray

First Post
I just noticed... isn't Terrifying Insight only available to Clerics? Or is it possible for a Cleric to multiclass into wizards enough to get Prismatic (edit) Beams? (don't have the books with me, can't look up the exact rules)

You can go either direction. A cleric could take the Arcane Initiate and appropriate power swap feat to get Prismatic Beams, or a Wizard could take Student of the Faith and go into Divine Oracle.

GlaziusF

First Post
Divine Oracle is a lot more than initiative goofery. Immunity to surprise has saved my epic party more trouble than they know. The "you will score a crit" is devestating with a striker or well built fighter in the party. And the ability to roll twice vs. Will means you're much more likely to score with the nastier conditions.

As a Blood Mage player myself, I have to say it's nothing to sneeze at. You give up the ability to deal more damage on your own, but can add a metric ton of one shot damage and control. My next wizard may end up going that route (depending on what other broken PPs they've put out by then. :) )

Okaaaay, so what about the second paragraph? Limiting Terrifying Insight to once per turn? Good idea, bad idea, terrible idea?

James McMurray

First Post
There's a Cleric / Divine Oracle in our epic game right now, and Terrifying Insight has been really nice for him. There are a few times when he would have been dazed because of it, but he's also an Elven Deadly Trickster, so he has a lot of rerolls.

I don't think the change is necessary. More uses of Terrifying Insight just means more chances to daze yourself.

Though if the campaign is centered on battling creatures who usually have low Will saves, it might be necessary to restrict it some. I'm not sure if there's a race or creature type with uniformly low Will, but its something to watch out for when designing encounters for a party with an oracle in it.

Remove ads