• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Problem accessing RPGfreelancer.com

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Anyone else having trouble accessing the rpgfreelancer.com website?

I have to upload some dough to pay someone and it just keeps telling me it:
"Cannot connect to MySQL server"

Thoughts, suggestions, anything? I really don't want to keep this guy waiting any longer than I already have.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

--Steel Dragons

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
@steeldragons

Please take a look at it now. Thanks.

[MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION]

Thanks. It is up. And I got on fine, thanks very much.

But now, when I go to deposit funds and get sent to the Paylpal page, it's telling me my card is already in use for another [paypal] account. Is there some way you can handle that from your end or is it a Paypal problem...or something wonky between the sites?

I need to post another $100 to the same project ("steeldrgonspub" [yes, without the "a" in "dragons"] is the account) and get it accessible to the freelancer Weremole.

Any help/thoughts/advice?

Many thanks.
--SD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@darjr

Thanks. It is up. And I got on fine, thanks very much.

But now, when I go to deposit funds and get sent to the Paylpal page, it's telling me my card is already in use for another [paypal] account. Is there some way you can handle that from your end or is it a Paypal problem...or something wonky between the sites?

I need to post another $100 to the same project ("steeldrgonspub" [yes, without the "a" in "dragons"] is the account) and get it accessible to the freelancer Weremole.

Any help/thoughts/advice?

Many thanks.
--SD

Ermmm.... I thought I turned off the "send money via the site" function. It doesna work! You need to arrange to pay your freelancer directly.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ermmm.... I thought I turned off the "send money via the site" function. It doesna work! You need to arrange to pay your freelancer directly.

Ohhh. Hm. Ok. Well, when I click on "Deposit Funds" it does take me to the Paypal page...but I can't actually do.

So, good to know. Thanks. I'll make other arrangements.

EDIT: Ehmmmm...but then how do I get the half payment I'd already posted back?

-SD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ohhh. Hm. Ok. Well, when I click on "Deposit Funds" it does take me to the Paypal page...but I can't actually do.

So, good to know. Thanks. I'll make other arrangements.

EDIT: Ehmmmm...but then how do I get the half payment I'd already posted back?

-SD

Ummm.... eeek.

The probelm with the system is that all it does is send the money to my PayPal account, and when someone tries to withdraw it I am supposed to get a message to manually send them the amount. The problem is (a) I don't get the messages; and (b) I have no intention of doing it all manually.

So if you sent some money, it's presumably in my PayPal account. If you let me know the details, I'll get it refunded back to you.

Don't worry, it won't have disappeared or anything.

Remove ads