Level Up (A5E) Product Idea: Region Anthology

Would you buy it?

• Sure

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 1 4.5%

arms

Explorer
would this book also include ways that different cities/countries in different regios could acquire ressources? what ressources they produce themselves and the kind of trade routes/social relations they would possibly use to?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
would this book also include ways that different cities/countries in different regios could acquire ressources? what ressources they produce themselves and the kind of trade routes/social relations they would possibly use to?
Yeah, it probably would. A nice "Imports/Exports/Resources" section?

xiphumor

Legend
OOOOH! THERE COULD BE RULES FOR CURRENCY SIMULATION!

Not the whole economy, because that’s usually not needed, but just a few things that the adventurers might experience that signify what’s going on in the larger world.

E.g. Kingdoms short on cash but high on ambition might start to dilute the gold content of their currency in order to raise funds for large projects (like wars). You can check the gold content of a coin by rubbing it against a touchstone and comparing the mark it leaves to a that of a trusted sample. If adventurers arrive in town and find that people prefer to be paid in foreign/older coins, that’s a sign that war may be on the horizon.

xiphumor

Legend
The GPIRATES acronym might be a good starting framework for each article.

1. Geography
2. Politics
3. Intellectual Life
4. Religion
5. Arts
6. Technology (and Magic)
7. Economics
8. Society

Zaukrie

New Publisher
This was my plan when A5e came out, but it seemed like a lot of work for a tiny publisher that would probably not sell enough for me. But I love the concept for sure.

Remove ads