• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Product page for Volo's Guide to Monsters updated

Oh that is a nice preface.

Desrimal

Explorer
Just because WoTC isn't putting out the product(s) you want doesn't mean that they are being mismanaged. The info that we have seems to say the opposite, that WoTC is being managed very well. A well run company can't be everything to everyone and blaming the "bean counters" without knowledge of the situation shows a lack of knowledge in regards to how a business is run.

Are you aware that corporate bean counters are very often Lawful Evil? I'm with Gyor on this one :)

pkt77242

Explorer
Are you aware that corporate bean counters are very often Lawful Evil? I'm with Gyor on this one :)

While I understand where you are coming from, "bean counters" are important to keep D&D profitable and around for the long haul. Most of us want D&D to be successful and that takes "bean counters". A well run company takes a balance between the creative side and the "$" side, so that it can fulfill customers wants/needs while maintaining profitability for the long haul.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
"Chapter 2: Character Races presents character races that are some of the more distinctive race options in the D&D multiverse."

That the races chapter mention distictive races in the multiverse, not Faerun is telling. I think there is a chance that Warforged, Changeling, Kender, Muls, could be in it, at least as quick races.

Of course it could be refering to Planar creatures like Shadar Kai, but my instinct is they're going to throw a bone to fans of other settings.

Oh and the pod cast confirmed Knbolds and Shadow Mastiffs are in the book.

Missed the Kobolds bit, I know they are in Chapter one for more detail, did they say that Kobolds are playable?

I imagine that for say, Orcs, we might get mention that "on some worlds, such as Eberron, Orcs are actually great neighbors!"

Desrimal

Explorer
While I understand where you are coming from, "bean counters" are important to keep D&D profitable and around for the long haul. Most of us want D&D to be successful and that takes "bean counters". A well run company takes a balance between the creative side and the "$" side, so that it can fulfill customers wants/needs while maintaining profitability for the long haul.
I know and I agree - I was just joking!

Missed the Kobolds bit, I know they are in Chapter one for more detail, did they say that Kobolds are playable?

I imagine that for say, Orcs, we might get mention that "on some worlds, such as Eberron, Orcs are actually great neighbors!"

I really hope that we get a more detailed preview, if not the table of contents, before release, so we get a better idea of what's in it. I hope and assume that when it comes to kobolds, we'll be seeing info on lore, lairs, and variants in Chapter 1, and playable race info in Chapter 2, as they are likely among the most popular of the "monster" races being requested as a playable race. But we don't know that for certain - we may not end up with playable kobolds, and their variants (if we get any - and if we don't it would be a shame since there were no kobold "leaders" in the MM) may end up in Chapter 3, hundreds of pages away from their description and lost among the other monsters...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
WotC is being severly mismanged right now, so they have extremely limited publishing slots, so the creative types they made a compromise between those who wanted a setting book, those who wanted ecology of articles, those who wanted more player options, and those who wanted more monsters, because they couldn't do one book of each, thanks to the corporate weasels mismanging WotC. So I'm sorry, they're going to ask you to make a compromise you don't want to make, so blame the corporate bean counters.
Mismanaged how? On what evidence?

gyor

Legend
What a silly thing to say. D&D is more popular than it has ever been. WotC has its faults, but mismanagement is most certainly not one of them.

Its popularity is do to the creatives, artists and authors, who pushed for 5e, when the Bean counters weren't inclined to do it. Who pushed to make the Devil You Know a thing, when the Bean Counters were going to allow it to end in Ashes of the Tyrants, a cliff hanger.

These Bean Counters ended the Forgotten Realms novels, I absolutely hate the selfish, ignorant bean counters. I hope you understand why I'm mad at them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads