• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Daedalus (Issue #4)

Tokiwong

First Post
Misha shifts his balance as he continus to scan the room, wonering if he wil be expete to speak or not. Figuring his low stature on the totem pole he decided that they would most likely want him to smile and nod.

Misha looks at ease in front of the press, and tries to just look in a word, pretty.

Last edited:

Elementor

First Post
Aaron scans the crowd looking for any faces he recognizes. Most of his time is spent waving at cameras with a big goofy grin on his face. Doing the typical kid "Hi mom" that most do their first time on camera.

Agamon

Adventurer
The clicks of cameras taking picutres as Tyrone speaks can be heard. "Tyroc, could you introduce your new teammates to us?" a familiar voice asks. It's Alicia, standing near the front of the crowd of reporters and she has a wry smile on her face.

Miguel sends out a small 'tug' with his powers at Angela Winters, but he senses nothing to 'grab'. Perhaps she just saves the charm for the cameras.

Aaron scans the crowd before him. It's all press, of all types. One camera crew looks to be Japanese, and another is BBC, but most look like local east coast media. Nobody easily recognizable, though, other than a few of the more notable talking heads from CNN.

Sarah does appear slightly uncomfortable, but she too scans the crowd. Kiro silently stands still, paying little attention to any of the procedings.

Calinon

First Post
"Oh wow, your car was working today, was it?" Tyroc says, arching an eyebrow. "But yeah, ok, I can do that. Until Screaming Eagle called me last night, I didn't even know I was going to be here today, and until this morning, I only knew two of the members. Some, you'll recognize from the incident a month or so ago with Biogen. Some are new faces.

"The NYPD was kind enough to release an excellent officer in Sarah Edwards, who's telekenetic abilities are easily a match for my own, and who has significan mental powers as well. Their loss is definitely Aegis' gain," he says, quickly moving on to keep her out of the spotlight. "Kiro Shiantsu," he says, pointing out Kiro, "is immigrating from Japan, and has the ability to push his body to superhuman limits. His body can generate its own light field as well, and can form it into complex shapes. He prefers to be known as the Shimmering Samurai.

He continues to point out members as he introduces them briefly. "Hailing from Mexico and now making his home here in New York, Mimic is our most versatile member, and can copy any elite power. From Canada, my personal sidekick, Aaron Kuyper, Elementor, can control the four elements with amazing skill.

"That takes care of the folks I knew before today. But we have three more members as well. Jennifer Laroux is our resident mountaineer, who's powers over cold allow her to transform into a human blizzard of ice and snow. Rachel Masters is a powerful Totem, able to channel the spirit of a wolf through herself. And our second police officer, this time a veteren from Washington DC police department, Misha Werner," Tyroc says, smiling inwardly as he chooses a power that sounds cool for the 'average cop', "who can melt anything from titanium to human flesh with just a gaze.

"Some very powerful and skilled members we have here whose powers should compliment each other very well. I'm looking forward to working with them to protect America."

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel listens to Tyroc start to describe his pack and their powers, but gives a start when the team leader calls her a totem. "I'm a what?" she cannot help but ask. "No I don't, the only thing I channel is the urge to smack you," she mutters to Misha, audible enough if people were paying attention to her instead of Tyrone.

"Do you really melt stuff or is he making that up to?" she asks the charismatic cop in whispers. The teen wonders if she correct Tyrone or just leave it, she has no clue what a Totem, is, but the concept of a werewolf wasn't particularly complex.

Agamon

Adventurer
A few people in the front laugh at Rachel's remark. As Tyrone finishes speaking, a few techs move amongst the rest of the group, distributing tiny remote microphones for you to attach to your clothing.

Alicia, one of the few to overhear Rachel, asks her, "Alicia Houston, New York Times. How would you describe yourself, Miss Masters?"

"Don Mathers, Channel 47," another says. "Can any of you speak on why those of you that were a part of the BioGen scandal would be chosen to be a part of Aegis, especially considering the currently ongoing BioGen trial in Washington?"

"Allan Cookson, CNN, I have an open question. Tyroc stated that you've only recently met. When you will be ready to function as a team? Is there any special training required? What about team chemestry?"

Mimic

First Post
Miguel is somewhat surprised that Winters isn't an elite, but he gives a mental shrug, perhaps she is just good at her job.

He nods slightly as Tyroc introduces him, thankfull that he passes him by quickly.

As Rachel speaks up Miguel can't help smirking a little. That chica don't take nothing from noone. He thinks to himself.

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel blinks at Alicia's question, she hadn't meant to be overheard. She quickly considers what to say, but then gives a small shrug, it didn't really matter to her if she sounded foolish. "Well, excepting that werewolves don't exist, thats pretty much me, I mean, I can be a wolf, I can be me, or I can be inbetween. My inbetween doesn't look much like the movies though, and when I bite people, they don't get all furry once a month either." she explains, hesitating at points to try and put things into words that would make the most sense to humans.

"Oh, yea, call me Rachel, not used to being called Miss Masters, so I might not answer."

Calinon

First Post
After Rachel is done explaining what she is, Tyroc speaks up again.

"I think the fact that those of us who were held captive already trust each other and know each other's abilities pretty much inside and out are reasons we were chosen. Not to mention are good at working together and have demonstrated that we can stop dangerous elites like those in the escape attempt at the Dallas Elite Correctional Facility. A bit of instant team chemistry, if you will," he says to Mathers.

Looking over at Cookson he says, "Team chemistry isn't going to be a problem. I'm sure there will be some operational things we'll have to learn, but as for being ready? After meeting everyone today, I think we can be ready tomorrow if called upon," he says with confidence.

"Have I mentioned how dangerous it is to give me a microphone in front of cameras?" he says with a smile.

Remove ads