Proliferation of Threads on Same Topic (Martial/Magic, Fighters, etc.)

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
How many active threads does a topic need before it gets its own sub-forum? I'm not saying we should move all of these Fighter vs. Wizard threads over to their own forum...but...well actually yes, I am saying that.

(And I'm hardly blameless; remember that I'm the guy who created roughly thirty-five thousand "5E Survivor" threads before finally passing that torch.)

I'm hearing "Survivor: Fighter/Caster Balance Threads."

Evaniel

Filthy Casual (he/him)
I'm hearing "Survivor: Fighter/Caster Balance Threads."
boo-boo-this-man.gif

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Would you rather have one big topic that generates a dozen reports and/or bans?

As if.

Here we are on Monday, and there's only 2 threads on the topic in the top 25 in the D&D forum.
They only generated 6 reports, four of them about one chucklehead, one other about how many threads one person set up.

So, as far as issues go... it wasn't one.

Well, as a Thread Maker, I can say it's bad when you make a thread to talk about a subject...and then some posters come in and just highjack the thread with jargon.

It's just as bad as when a person makes a thread and Only wants to talk about one very specific thing....and refuses anything else.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah it gets a bit silly at times, but if the guvnor Morrus is okay with it and the mods havent closed the ‘extras’ down then I figure no harm done

They only generated 6 reports, four of them about one chucklehead, one other about how many threads one person set up.

So, as far as issues go... it wasn't one.

Well I'm the person who threw up several threads; so I guess I should explain myself.

While everyone in a group may have the same overall goal, there can be vast disagreement on how to achieve it. What can work for one person can be a trainwreck for another. So instead of developing any single idea further, we get a bunch of sub groups mired with infighting. I figured if each sub group was separated into their own + threads; they could improve their ideas without getting dragged into another argument over preferences.

I guess it worked; a little :p

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Here we are on Monday, and there's only 2 threads on the topic in the top 25 in the D&D forum.
Which does raise an idle-curiosity question for me: roughly how many reports in total (other than simple spam alerts) do you lot get in the average day?

Remove ads