• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Proposal: Adjust Palindrome's Ability Scores

KenHood

Villager
When I originally proposed the character overhaul, adjusting ability scores was not approved. Since it's been added, I'd like permission to adjust Palindrome's ability scores.

His current load-out is...
Str 10
Dex 14
Con 13
Int 18
Wis 13
Cha 13

His new load-out would be...
Str 8
Dex 15
Con 10
Int 18 (16 + 2 for human)
Wis 10
Cha 16

Thanks,
Ken

renau1g

Villager
This makes more sense to me, it seems like you built him with a 3.xe mentality and now seeing 4e in action, this particular disbursement is more effective without compromising the PC.

KenHood

Villager
Yep. That was exactly what I did--built him like a 3E wizard. Thought all the little +1's and such would be AWESOME, but no...is very mediocre.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I don't really see a problem with this. I believe Pal already used his overhaul, but as you said, the ability scores bit wasn't available then. So you're basically just asking it to retroactively apply to your overhaul.

KenHood

Villager
I don't know...

I don't think ability modifiers will do any good when the boy keeps rolling 1's. :confused:

---

I think we'll get to see if karma affects imaginary characters. If Tonk gets good rolls, we'll have some proof.

YES

As long as covaithe's ok with it changing in the middle of the adventure - otherwise they shouldn't take effect until the adventure's over.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, lets make it official then.

YES

Like Joe said, though, you need to get covaithe's permission for it to apply while he's still your DM.

KenHood

Villager
Okay. Thanks, fellas.

---

At third level, I'll probably change his Multi-Class Feat to Bard, too. Give him some healing potential, and qualify him for all the bard rituals.

Last edited:

garyh

Villager
Yes from me as well, with the same mid-adventure caveat. The higher Cha and Dex and lower Wis make perfect sense for Palindrome as well.

ukingsken

Villager
And there was harmonious rejoicing among the judges as a choir of angels descended from on high to reconfigure palindrome for great justice!

ukingsken

Villager
As an addon I was looking at the character creation thread and it still has ability score changes prohibited. Perhaps a minor adjustment so everyhng is copesetic?

dimsdale

Villager
So when someone else wants to tweak their ability scores a bit, is each case something that the judges vote on, or are they allowed to do it on their own?

Just clarifying for future reference

thanks

You can make ability score changes as part of your one-time overhaul now. (Somebody needs to go through and make sure all the docs on that are up to date.) If you already used your overhaul, you need a proposal.

Advertisement