Proposal: Allowing PH2 (in parts)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Storm of blades can get out of hand very easily. A con-based barbarian will have presumably 19-21 con when it gets it, but it will probably aim at at least 26-28 for end game. 8-10 attacks seem a bit too much. I know those levels are far,far away now, but we'll have to fix it sooner or later.
Btw what's the max level ever reached in LEW and LEB as of now?
If DMs started spending dm points for their characters, and constantly played them, I guess advancement would be slow, but not that slow...

Not positive, but I think in LEW there are a couple up around 11th level maybe? L4W advancement will be more rapid since we made our time XP factor bigger, so we will reach those levels faster than they did in LEW. I've never looked into the Ebberon stuff, so I have no clue there.

Oni

First Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Storm of Blades get a 5 hit cap like Blade Cascade.

On the other hand it's worth keeping in mind the Barbarian is supposed to be a striker and something like this power might be necessary to keep them in line with the other strikers over the course of an encounter.

Of course that doesn't really take into account multi-classing, the Barbarbian is a lot like the Wizard in that it's a great class to cherry pick powers from because it doesn't rely too much on base class abilities.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'm pretty sure I'll get the barbarian multiclass feat and that power is on my list if I ever get to advanced paragon levels. Even if it's nerfed. I'm going to sink all my points into strenght and constitution anyway. And multiple attacks are just too good to pass up.

Erekose13

Explorer
Not positive, but I think in LEW there are a couple up around 11th level maybe? L4W advancement will be more rapid since we made our time XP factor bigger, so we will reach those levels faster than they did in LEW. I've never looked into the Ebberon stuff, so I have no clue there.

LEW: Rinaldo is 11th and has been playing consistently for 5.5 years now. My character, Tenebrynn, has been around almost as long and is almost 11th. Actually I just checked and he had his 5th birthday on the boards only 4 days ago. I've got the DM points to push him to 11th at the next point I can. He's on his 8th adventure now.

LEB: Raven is 5th and has been playing for 3 years almost. I think she's the highest, I've not been a regular there since my two characters languished in games without DMs more than once (in the same games...).

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
As far as expertise goes...I don't think we have to worry about it right now at all. Like WD said, almost mandatory by paragon. In heroic that is cooler/better things than a +1 to hit. Unless you are a caster, I see it more common for them, but not gamebreaking. Storm of blades I think will be nerfed too, but we'll see. Once this book gets approved, I'd love to remake Redbeard or a cool invoker. I'm torn...On another note, I am making a thread in Plots and Places. Builds using PHB2 at level 21. Just characters I'd like to play mostly. A dragonborn thaneborn barb is almost done.

renau1g

First Post
Well... I'm thinking of running an epic game over in the regular Playing the Game boards once that module comes out. I think I'd like to see how epic PC's work. (the module is Death's Reach)

renau1g

First Post
Yikes... uh.... well its going to be at least a month until I can get the module and review it. It looks like I would definitely have takers ;)

Remove ads