Proposal: Ershahz

Don Incognito

First Post
I've got a new adventure in the works, and not the sequel to Echoes of O. This will be a relatively short excursion, but it involves a little extra backgrounding (is this a word? It totally should be).

A decade ago, a mighty dragon appeared in the isles, calling himself Ershahz. Ershahz was a dragon of both red and white ancestry, and he claimed all of the Transitive Isles as his hunting ground. So great was his power that some worshipped him as a living god. He laid waste to Daunton and Bacarte alike, raining down fire and ice upon their helpless citizenry. The Five fought Ershahz many times, each time ending with the retreat of the dragon. Finally, on a small uninhabited island near Daunton, they fought their final battle. Jeronel Threehammers used an ancient divine spell to call a searing light down from the heavens, and Ershahz was obliterated. Residual magic leftover from the mighty spell left the island a holy place, and today it is the site of the Jeron Monastary, a small temple which houses a handful of monks, scholars, and religious pilgrims. Ershahz's lair was never found; scholars postulate that it lies somewhere in Kytheria.

Atanatotatos

First Post
This sounds like an interesting premise for an adventure to me, but I'd suggest putting these events in the more distant past, like a century or two. The destruction caused by a dragon of surpassing power should take well over a decade to recover.
Also, a holy site that ancient has more appeal, especially when the tale of its creation has such an epic origin.
Moreover, I believe it'd be good to establish other legendary heroes in the people's tales besides the Five and Arga the Black.

covaithe

Explorer
The other possibility is that the dragon was not quite so... epic-sounding. I don't remember if we ever explicitly wrote it down anywhere, but I vaguely remember a conversation where it was suggested that The Five were sort of high paragon or low epic level, so that there's a chance for PCs to surpass them someday. I think we opted in favor of non-specificity, rather than codifying exactly what the 5 could and couldn't do.

Anyway, I think this isle could work either way, and I don't really see the need for a proposal for it. Just put the island in your adventure,

Remove ads