[proposal] Genasi Feat: Mindful Manifestor

elecgraystone

First Post
Could we change the wording to cover the stats in general? For Genasi they pick from the three physical stats, and I'd prefer they be off Int rather than S/D/C.
That's What the feat I put in my post would do.
Racial Power(s) rather than racial power (singular).
If you look at my feat you'll see you need a racial power to TAKE the feat but it WORKS on racial powers. So my feat already does that.
"you may use a different stat for your racial powers"
I don't see the big difference since there aren't any non-attack racial powers that are affected by a stat.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Yeah, I think it's great. I'm just worried a grumpy DM (the kind who doesn't give treasure and gripes about feats that help rather than hinder PCs; you know the type I mean) will say "no, you have to take it separately for every racial power you want to alter".

The build I'm going for is a Genasi Elemental Tempest wizard. The idea being loads of racial powers; or, as was mentioned, also the Paragon powers.

build-wise I may simply go Constitution for the Staff of Defence. Save my feats for something else, like the Batman build or something. Arguably, it's not the most efficient wizard build, as close burst powers... well, they're a good backup, but let's face it: I don't want Orcus getting that near Emral!
I might design a Paragon Path for wizardly Genasi, one that's similar in granting multiple elemental manifestations (personalities) but the attack and utility powers are slight different.

Off topic: Sorcerer/Wild Mage looks perfect for a Genasi, but the stat choices aren't there (Str rather than Cha); like, the chaos/elemental side of them. Reminds me of how Tieflings can't pull off a Hellboy build as they don't have that STR/Con bonus; well they could, but it's nothing to call home about.

Ozymandias79

First Post
fireinthedust, there is a feat in arcane power for genasi wizards that lets them add their strength mod to damage for their elemental spells.

Ozymandias79

elecgraystone

First Post
I'm just worried a grumpy DM (the kind who doesn't give treasure and gripes about feats that help rather than hinder PCs; you know the type I mean) will say "no, you have to take it separately for every racial power you want to alter".

The build I'm going for is a Genasi Elemental Tempest wizard. The idea being loads of racial powers; or, as was mentioned, also the Paragon powers.
I think you're not getting something. This feat will effect at most 2 powers. Cloud of Darkness and Darkfire for the Drow or Earthshock and Fire Pulse for the Genasi. It will have no effect on Paragon class powers such as Elemental fury and Tempest burst.

You would need something extra to change the paragon powers and I don't see that any time soon. It would make picking up a multiclass Paragon class way to easy. Right now you have a lot of Paragon paths that would have awesome abilities but useless powers. Change that and everyone can take everything. Not a big fan of THAT.

Remove ads