Proposal - Seperate Adventure Subforum

Tomalak

First Post
I propose that a subforum be created and all adventures be relocated there. (Or, alternately, that all non-adventure threads be moved to a subforum).

Adventures are so numerous here, the other threads seem to be hiding in the tall grass... What do you guys think?

Kalidrev

First Post
I've thought about posting something like this, but there is one major problem to that. Within each adventure, are posts with XP and treasure, approved by judges. These posts are linked to in our character sheets as proof of our deeds. If the adventures are moved, any links to posts within those addies will be broken. Besides that, I think it's a great idea.

Fragsie

Explorer
Another option -

In other forums here on enworld a thread can be given a tag; for example in the 4e fan creations & house-rules a thread can be set as a Class, Race, Equipment etc.
This allows you to view each prefix in separate list. We could use Adventure, Discussion and Proposal. Although, moving non-adventure threads into a subforum would also kick up less link problems.

weldon

Explorer
I like the tag idea, especially as you can filter the search results at the bottom of the page by tag (or prefix as they're called there).

I'm not sure that moving a thread breaks the links. Doesn't vBulletin have a built in feature to maintain links to moved threads from the original URL?

Tomalak

First Post
My only problem with tags is that I want to search for all the posts that DON'T have a certain tag.
IMO, moving Adventures just makes more sense than moving 'non-adventure threads.' Adventures is, after all, a category of thing. Whereas 'everything else' isn't really. But it would be nice to see anything done, really. There are a LOT of adventures there...

Tomalak

First Post
Bury them? I guess I just don't see it as burying them, if they're easy to find. 'course we could just make two subforums: one for adventures, and one for everything else, if that makes sense to you.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Now that I think about it, if we move the discussion to a subforum, we risk people not bothering to read it. I bet more people would bother clicking on a subforum for the actual adventures than for random discussion.

Remove ads