• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pseudonatural template alignment

paranoid

What alignment do summoned monsters with the pseudonatural template have? Alienists summon monsters whose celestial/fiendish template ist replaced with the pn template. But, as discussed here, the template is in part responsible for the alignment of the creature. My impression is that the pn template does not change the alignment of the base creature, so that a celestial dire lion (CG) which is summoned by an alienist becomes (N) like the original animal. Right or wrong?

Henrix

Explorer
Well, at least the old (T&B) version of the template left the alignmnet unchanged, and an alienist would substitute the creatures celestial or fiendish template with the pseudonatural.
So the summoned monster would be a pseudonatural dire lion (neutral), not a pseudonatural celestial dire lion (which would not be neutral).

But this might have changed in CA, which hasn't reached my neck o'the woods yet.

paranoid

Henrix said:
But this might have changed in CA, which hasn't reached my neck o'the woods yet
I read somewhere that the pn template in CA was the same as in the 3.5-updated Manual of the Planes, and there the alignment didn't change, if I remember correctly.
But perhaps some lucky CA owner can clear matters up?

Remove ads