[Psi] New Psi feats

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Just some stuff that's been running around in my head for the last few days. Sorry to anyone whom I'm blatantly copying from.

Leap of the Grasshopper [Psionic]
You can greatly exceed the limits of an ordinary jump.
Prerequisites: Str 13+, Mental Leap, Jump 6+ ranks, Power Point Reserve 9+.
Benefit: Your maximum jumping distance is no longer limited by your height. If your PP reserve is 15 or greater, you also recieve a +5 circumstance bonus to your Jump check.

Charge of the Rhino [Psionic]
You are skilled at delivering devestating charge attacks.
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Str 13+, PP reserve 11+.
Benefit: When performing a charge attack, you recive a +4 bonus to your attack roll. This bonus superceeds the normal +2 bonus.

You also recieve a +2 circumstance bonus to damage while charging. This damage bonus is also applied to any damage you recieve from a weapon set against your charge.

Flight of the Squirrel [Psionic]
Your skill at jumping exceed even the legendary.
Prerequisites: LotGh, Con 13+, PP reserve 21+.
Benefit: As part of your Jump action, you may spend any number of PP. Each PP spent in this manner grants a +4 competence bonus to your Jump skill check. Use of this feat may reduce your PP reserve below the minimum without penalty. You may decide how many points to spend after the roll is made.

Eagle's Strike [Psionic]
You can strike with the eagles grace, hitting with both claws at once.
Prerequisites: Dodge, Dex 13+, Mobility, Spring Attack, TWF, PP reserve 7+.
Benefit: When performing the single attack standard action while wielding two melee weapons, you may attempt to hit with both weapons. All normal TWF penalties apply.

Note: Since both attack rolls occur during a single attack action, extra damage from sources such as Weapon Specialization, Sneak Attack, and Favored Enemy only apply to your primary weapon.

Also note that this specifically does not include the charge action, only normal attack actions.

Pounce of the Tiger [Psionic]
You are a deadly combatant, leaping upon your foes in a violent fervor.
Prerequisites: Eagle's Strike, Charge of the Rhino, Leap of the Grasshopper, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple.
Benefit: While wielding two light weapons, you may charge an opponent provoking attacks of opportunity normally. You may attack with both weapons, dealing double damage with both.

Your opponent must make a Reflex save with a DC equal to the damage dealt, or be both grappled and prone in his square. Regardless of the sucess or failure of the attack, you are now prone in your opponent's square.

---------------------------
Well, what do you guys think? Did I mess up horribly? Do I need a good nights sleep?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
These seem very good and well balanced. I like the restrictions you have put on them. Pounce of the Tiger may be a little strong, but the prerequisites make it difficult to get. Good job.

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Thinking about it a bit more, should I add Improved Grapple to the list of Prereqs for Pounce of the Tiger?

Of course that would give it a total of 13 feats as a pre-req, putting it well out of the reach of all but the most dedicated. Of course all but two of those feats are rather useful themselves.

Crothian

First Post
Improved Grapple does make perfect sense, but you are right, the prerequites are a lot. You might want to actually try to get those down as a 20th level psi warrior only has a total of 15 feat selections (16 if it's a human). It's really hard to say as no feat I have seen has that number of prerequistes. But then again, I really like the idea of huge feat chains as at higher levels it makes the choices easier as the PCs are still working for a goal they started at level one.

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Well, that leaves Pounce of the Tiger with 11 feats as Prereqs.

Can anyone offer some insight into what could be taken away from the Prereqs without unbalancing the feat?

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
and another one

Finding the Groove [Psionic]
By concentrating, you can almost feel where to fire.

Prereqs: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot, Fell Shot, PP reserve 15+.

Benefit: As a move-equivelant (sp?) action, you may spend any number of PP. For each point spent in this way, you may reduce any penalties to your ranged attack roll due range by 2 (basically treat as if the target were 1 RI closer).

Also, using this feat allows the attacker to ignore any miss chance due to concealment and allows the attacker to add bonus damage from sources such as weapon specialization or sneak attack at a range greater than 30 feet.
---------------

Balance: I'm comparing this feat to the spell True Strike. It offers some of the same benefits, but occupies a feat slot, and costs more to use in order to get the same total bonus. This part of it ends up being a lot weaker than the spell.

However, allowing the character to deal sneak attack at range should make up for this, making this (hopefully) a balanced feat.

Any responses to these?

Remove ads