• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psionic Q... Metaconcert

Psyduck

First Post
I was reading this power, and had a few questions come up.

1. Does the entity work by itself, being controlled by the conductor? i.e. can the psionic participants use powers or attack while in a metaconcert?

2. How many psionic beings have to use this power? Just one, or all that wish to link together?

3. Can you choose how many PPs you donate to the entity?

Thanks all in advance!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
1. The entity is formed by the group. They must stay within a 20-foot-diameter area from each other. I don't think they can do anything else, since they must lend their powers to the concert, which is leaded by the disignated conductor.

2. I think only one psionics user must actually manifest the power, though the others must also know it. But the others must be willing to participate.

3. You donate all your power points to the concert. If you leave it prematurely (willingly or accidently), you leave your power points with the metaconcert, but if you stay until it ends (or is dismissed), you get an equal share of the remaining power points (even if that is more that you donated in the first place. Even, if it is more that you can hold, but then the surplus dissolves. This is actually a nice sneak to regain power points, as the concert adds 20% on top of the sum.)

As you have to stay in contact with the rest of the group in order to stay in the concert, it doesn't matter that you donate all your power, anyway.

You gain 20% bonus power points. Each psion add +1 DC to the psionic powers (and gain +1 to saves vs psionic powers as well). If you manifest a power, only one person needs to actually kn ow the power, but each must know Metaconcert. You also gain some added protection against psionic attack modes.

Psyduck

First Post
Thank you all for the help.

I just don't see any use for this power. Wizards have something similar in T&B as a feat, and a psionic version is a 5th level power ?!

Remove ads