• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

psionics and E-tools, Can we do it?

JDragon

Explorer
I asked the same ? over at the MSN group that has been set up.

So far, the answer is no until the art of adding classes is perfected. Then you have to find some one with the skill/understanding that likes Psionics to enter all the info.

Some one is working on something to add classes, but I think it may be waiting for the first pacth or two to come out.

So right now I wouldn't hold my breath.

JDragon

nightmage61

First Post
I have the means and time (well, not realy, but I can make it), just not the knowlage of what to enter and where. If anyone wants to direct me, I can start the data entery.

JDragon

Explorer
Check out the messages on this website (also a bunch of downloads here too) to see if you can get the info you need, or just ask and someone will let you know.

groups.msn.com/etools

JDragon

dragonmaster

First Post
I use the psionics, and like a few others I'm waiting for the patch in a wait and see mode...since it's to be out here this week or early next week. If not I'll begin the psionics inputs..esp if they get all the bugs out on the MSN board for adding classes. I've used Access and with lil oil will be running smoothly.

I need the psionics for my own world and need them..so there ya go....:p

tatonca

First Post
I've been thinking about this abit, and although I do not have the time right now to input the stuff, here are my thoughts...

1) Power points - this is probably the greatest challenge as there is nothing in etools that really takes this into account. About as close as you can get is to make a feature for each level of each psionic class which assigns the appropriate number of points - features will stack and they have a %d variable that allows you to add up the features and have only one entry - so what you would end up with is a line in features that says something like

Power points: 9 + ability modifier

If the feats were done with every psionic class in mind, then you could do something like

Power points: 9 + CHAMod

2) Psionic classes - will have to be entered manually into the database - however this is not as tough as it sounds

3) Psionic Feats - easily done, though again there is nothing in etools to affect with the feat so it would be descriptive text only.

4) Psionic types - entered as domains

5) Powers - entered as spells, and then set so only psionic characters can use them - once the Psionic classes are added directly to the database, they will appear in the list for spell class

6) Modes - entered as feats that are selectable only by Psionic classes - I'd say entered as bonus feats so that you could relegate how they are used - but bonus feats, although they can be assigned to other classes are hardcoded to Wizards anf Fighters

That's about as far as I got - the how should be located elsewhere on the various boards. If I ever get around to it before someone else does I will be sure to let you's know...

Last edited:

Remove ads