• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

psychic warrior - the killing machine

Solana

First Post
i would like all you out ther ewith the psionic handbook out there to please make a psychic warrior of total levels of 14 using what ever race/class you want to the total of 14 levels the stats you get to start with are as follows

they can go where ever you wish this character will be in a group with very little healing and where there are also very few wariors who are willing to go toe to toe with the big guys

but instead of a AC monster which in my mind is far to easy i want you to instead think away around the massive AC or massive hp mode and instead make it possible for this guy to endure hell and come back with a smile on his face

have fun ive started mine already

:D

Zhure

First Post
Race: Dwarf
4'5"; 192 lbs; Age 50
Psychic Warrior: 14

20 STR +5
14 DEX +2
20 CON +5
14 INT +2
13 WIS +1
9 CHA -1
(Con at 4th level, STR at 8th and 12th)

Initiative: +2 Dex
Armor Class: 32 (12 touch); 20% concealment
10 + 2 Dex + 7 shield + 13 armor

Saves:
Fortitude: +14 = (+9 base + 5 Con)
Reflex: +6 = (+4 base + 2 Dex)
Will: +5 = (+4 base +1 Wis)
-- +2 racial vs poison
-- +2 racial vs spells and spell-like

Proficiencies:
Armor: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shield
Weapons: All Simple, All Martial
Languages: Common, Dwarf, Gith, Giant

Skills4x17=68:
Autohypnosis (2 ranks, +1 Wis)
Balance (5 ranks, +2 Dex)
Climb (1 ranks, +5 Str)
Concentration (17 ranks, +5 Con)
Jump (5 ranks, +5 Str)
Stabilize Self (5 ranks, +5 Str)
Swim (15 ranks, +5 Str)
Tumble (1 Ranks, +2 Dex)
Use Psionic Device (17 ranks, -1 Cha)

Feats:
1st- Power Attack
Psywar 1- Cleave
Psywar 2- Weapon Focus: Unarmed
3rd- Speed of Thought
Psywar 5- Extend Power
6th- Psionic Charge
Psywar bonus spec- Unarmed
Psywar 8- Psionic Fist
9th- Power Touch
Psywar 11- Persistent Power
12th- Unavoidable Strike
Psywar 14- Improved Critical: Unarmed

Power Points: 65

Powers (16 free talents per day):
3 0th (1 pp) Burst, Float, Talons
3 1st- (1 pp) Vigor, Call Weaponry, Lesser Metaphysical Weapon
3 2nd- (3 pp) Expansion, Vigilance, Animal Affinity
3 3rd- (5 pp) Metaphysical Weapon, Improved Biofeedback, Claws of the Vampire
3 4th- (7 PP) Inertial Barrier, Graft Weaponry, Immovability
1 5th- (9 PP) Suspend Life

Attack/Defense Modes:
Mind Thrust, Ego Whip, Id Insinuation, Empty Mind, Thought Shield, Mental Barrier, Psychic Crush, Mind Blast

Special Abilites:
Darkvision
Stonecunning (+2 vs stonework)
+1 racial bonus on attacks against orcs and goblinoids
+4 dodge bonus vs giants
+2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft related to stone and metal

HIT POINTS: 8+13d8+70 =130

(BAB = +10/+5):

key Equipment:
72,305 gp +5 Spiked Guantlets, Impact
25,170 gp +5 Large steel shield
26,650 gp +5 Full plate
25,000 gp Cloak of Displacement, Minor

149,125/150,000 spent

Manifest Graft Weapon on spiked guantlets. Duration permanent.

Right before combat, manifest: Vigor (1 PP. 14 minutes), Inertial Barrier, Extended (9 PP- 280 minutes). Extended Cotv (7 pp, 28 hours), Extended Improved Biofeedback (7 PP, 24 hours) and Persistent Expansion (11 PP, 24 hours), Extended Animal Affinity: Str (7 PP, 28 hours, 2-5 STR, assumed below average of +3). All other powers are just supplementary. 42 PP spent. STR goes to 28.

Attack bonus = +10/+5 base, +1 graft weapon, +5 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +9 Str = +26/+21
Damage = 1d8+1 graft weapon, +5 enhancement, +2 weapon specialization, +9 Str, +2 impact = 1d8+19

Defenses: Inertial Barrier grants 140 points of DR 10/+5, plus some minor benefits against gas attacks. If it's dispelled, Immoveablity is almost as good and last a whole lot longer, but denies all movement.

The first 18 points of damage go to the temporary hit points from Vigor.
Improved Biofeedback will convert the first 18 points per hit into subdual damage.

Each strike from the CotV will heal 1d8 (or more, depending on interpretation) to both subdual and actual damage.

The minor cloak of concealment will negate sneak attacks and cause a 20% miss chance.

Against ranged foes, use Call Weaponry and carry a quiver of normal arrows that Greater Magic Weapon can used on.

Suggestions: Use an encoded stone for the graft weapon, or a dorje. The 4th level slot can be swapped for Polymorph Self, and take a combat form like a hill giant to boost STR even more. Take the TWF feat chain to get additional attacks in lieu of Psionic Charge and Speed of Thought.

The 6th level power could be Ethereal Jaunt, for emergency escapes, or Ablating, but it's a very expensive cost-to-effect ratio.

Save cash and invest in the +2 Suppressing effect for the guantlets to automatically cast a negate psionics on anyone you attack, or get body feeder.

Greg

Gwarok

Explorer
Jeesh I don't use the psionics books, but that character seems pretty unbalanced. Why would you ever want any other if your going to be a tank type?

Urbanmech

Explorer
Psychic Warriors are tough, but throw a few dispel magics or negate psionics at them and they loose most of their potency.

Solana what sources are allowed for making this character? Are we allowed the use of Minds Eye or the Bruce Cordel books?

Spatula

Explorer
It's not really legal, anyway. Claws of the Vampire causes your fingernails to grow 2 inches, giving you a claw attack that drains life from your opponent. Tough to use when your hand is covered in a spiked gauntlet. And even if you handwave that away, the +5 enhancement bonus from the gauntlet wouldn't apply to the claw attack granted by the power.

Vurt

First Post
Spatula said:
It's not really legal, anyway. Claws of the Vampire causes your fingernails to grow 2 inches, giving you a claw attack that drains life from your opponent. Tough to use when your hand is covered in a spiked gauntlet. And even if you handwave that away, the +5 enhancement bonus from the gauntlet wouldn't apply to the claw attack granted by the power.

Actually, I think this is allowed because he's using the Graft Weapon power on of his guantlets to graft them to his hands. It's the Graft Weapon that gives you the weapon's +5 enhancement bonus to your unarmed attack. That's my understanding of it.

Vurt

Last edited:

Solana

First Post
Thank You

Thank you for all th ereplies so far, and for the question on books that can be used any book that is allowed in the forgotten realms setting

I will give you this one that dwarf is dam hard and with a decent ac and decent damage i think it could go toe to toe with the big guys

thank you once again

Naar

First Post
I'll post the psychic warrior I used in a one-shot later, once I have my books. Took a lickin' and kept on tickin', as they say.

Urbanmech

Explorer
In the example above why bother with Metaphysical Weapon when you can take Displacement? Psionic Displacement also has a range of personal so you can make it Persistant. Nothing like 50% miss chance from almost anything and no crits on your character.

Naar

First Post
Feral Half-Ogre Psychic Warrior 12

Large Humanoid

Initiative: +1 (Dex)

Speed: 30ft. (30ft. base, +10ft. template, -10ft. for heavy armour)

AC: 30 (+1 Dex, +1 deflection, +13 armour, +6 natural, -1 size)

Attacks: +3 wrathful healing Huge spiked chain +23/+18 or 2 claws +19/+19

Damage: +3 wrathful healing Huge spiked chain 2d6+20+healing or Claw 2d6+10

Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft./10ft. (20ft. with spiked chain)

Special Attacks: Improved Grab

Special qualities: Darkvision 60ft., Fast Healing 2, Giant Blood

Saves: Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +12

Abilities:
Str 31+(1d4+1) (18 base, +6 racial, +4 template, +3 level)
Dex 13+(1d4+1) (17 base, -2 racial, -2 template)
Con 18+(1d4+1) (14 base, +2 racial, +2 template)
Int 8+(1d4+1) (14 base, -2 racial, -4 template)
Wis 15+(1d4+1) (13 base, +2 template)
Cha 9+(1d4+1) (11 base, -2 racial)

Languages: Giant, Common

Feats:
1: EWP: Spiked Chain, Inner Strength (B)
2: Weapon Focus (spiked chain) (B)
3: Talented
5: Combat Reflexes (B)
6: Trigger Power (Animal Affinity), Weapon Specialization (spiked chain) (B)
8: Stand Still (B)
9: Power Attack
11: Psionic Weapon
12: Deep Impact

Powers known:
0th: Burst, catfall, valour.
1st: Combat precognition, skate, vigour.
2nd: Animal affinity, expansion, reach.
3rd: Claws of the vampire, displacement, improved biofeedback.
4th: Inertial barrier, psychofeedback.

Power points/day: 48

Items:
+3 wrathful healing Huge spiked chain
+5 full plate mail
+5 cloak of resistance
Dusty rose prism ioun stone
Pale green prism ioun stone
Slippers of spider climbing

Notes: The +(1d4+1) in the abilities is to represent the effect of Triggered animal affinities. Initially, you have +10 on a DC 15 check; boosting your Str first will make the other checks easier.

Since improved biofeedback lasts for 12 hours, you should be able to keep it running all day. Thus, every time you're injured, you will take at least 20 hp as subdual damage. Every time you land a blow (and you can use Deep Impact if you really need to land a hit), you heal half the damage done. When you heal regular damage via a spell or power, you heal an equal amount of subdual damage, thus effectively doubling the usefulness of the healing for you. If you really need a lot of healing right now, you can use psychofeedback to hike up the amount of damage you do. The fast healing will also help keep you topped up. Displacement and inertial barrier increase your survivability some more.

With 20ft. reach from the Huge Spiked Chain (+5ft. from reach if you feel so inclined), you can control the battlefield easily, using Combat Reflexes and Stand Still to stop people from closing. Plus, using skate and burst, you can move at a speed of 55ft. if you need to run away.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads