• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

psychic warrior - the killing machine

Zhure

First Post
Urbanmech said:
In the example above why bother with Metaphysical Weapon when you can take Displacement? Psionic Displacement also has a range of personal so you can make it Persistant. Nothing like 50% miss chance from almost anything and no crits on your character.

Mostly for magic arrows. The cloak is a cheap substitute and doesn't use any power points. A Persistant Displacement is a good tactic as well, even though the power point cost is barely within the max the PsyWar can spend for a single power.

Zhure

First Post
Vurt said:

Actually, I think this is allowed because he's using the Graft Weapon power on of his guantlets to graft them to his hands. It's the Graft Weapon that gives you the weapon's +5 enhancement bonus to your unarmed attack. That's my understanding of it.

Vurt

Vurt is correct.

From the SRD:
"The manifester permanently attaches any weapon-mundane, psionic, or magical-onto the end of one of his or her arms. The weapon becomes a natural extension of the arm, and that hand is nowhere to be seen. If the character is proficient with the weapon, he or she adds +1 to all attack and damage rolls while using the weapon (this stacks with all other bonuses, including those granted by Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization). The grafted weapon becomes subject to powers that normally do not effect equipment, such as expansion. More importantly, since the weapon is a natural part of the character’s body, powers that normally only enhance unarmed attacks and touch attacks now apply to the grafted weapon.
However, the character loses the use of one hand and receives a -2 competence penalty on all skill checks requiring the use of hands. Powers that temporarily polymorph or metamorphose the character (or just his or her hands) can ignore the grafted weapon or alter it normally, at the manifester’s discretion. If the weapon takes damage, the character takes the damage as well. If the character is healed, so is the grafted weapon. If the weapon is destroyed, the character loses 2 points of Constitution; the ability damage persists until the character can graft another weapon or restore his or her natural anatomy (see below).
A character can change out weapons by using this power again. If the character manifests this power without any weapon, his or her natural anatomy returns (but the character can’t use this power to recover a limb lost through some other mishap).
"

This is the coolest PsyWar power. Based on my reading, which is an interpretation, it can't be dispelled either, it takes another Graft Weapon to get rid of it and it's instantaneous.
:)

Greg

Last edited:

Vurt

First Post
Zhure said:

Vurt is correct.

Believe me, this doesn't happen very often! Thanks! :D

Oh, and to keep things marginally on topic, I don't think you can have +5 impact spiked gauntlets. Impact only works on bludgeoning weapons (as per Magic of Faerun, p.140), but spiked gauntlets are considered piercing. Hence what you really want is keen instead.

Vurt

Zhure

First Post
Vurt said:

Believe me, this doesn't happen very often! Thanks! :D

Oh, and to keep things marginally on topic, I don't think you can have +5 impact spiked gauntlets. Impact only works on bludgeoning weapons (as per Magic of Faerun, p.140), but spiked gauntlets are considered piercing. Hence what you really want is keen instead.

Vurt
Impact from the PsiHB.
Greg

Destil

Explorer
This is a modification on a PC I made for one of my players for a recent planescape game:
Gaul
Githzeri Psychic Warrior / Monk (11/1,+2 ECL)

Str 22 +6(+4 enhancement)
Dex 32 +11 (+6 enhancement)
Con 12 +1
Int 13 +1
Wis 18 +4 (+2 enhancement)
Cha 11 +0
Power Resistance 17

70 HP: 12d8 + 12
AC 31 (31 touch, 20 flat footed): 10 + 4 (force, armor) + 11 (Dex) + 4 (Wis) +2 (deflection)

Fort +12: +1 Con +2 Resistance +9 Base
Reflex +18 (&evasion): +11 Dex +2 Resistance +5 Base
Will +11: +4 Wis +2 Resistance +5 Base

Move : 40' (1pp), 30'

Feats
Githzeri Bonus - Inertial Armor
1st- Rapid Shot
3rd- Weapon Finese (Unarmed Strike)
6th- Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike)
9th- Rapid Shot
12th- Psionic Shot
PsW 1- Psionic Fist
PsW 2- Power Attack
Psw 5- Speed of Thought
PsW 6- Weapon Spec (Unarmed Strike)
PsW 8- Unavoidable Strike
Psw 11- Improved Critical (Unarmed Strike)

Psionics: 40 pp/day
Githzeri Powers (16th manifester level)
Combat Presence (3/day)
Far Punch (3/day)
Feather Fall (3/day)
Plane Shift (1/day)

Psychic Warrior Powers (11th Manifester Level)
0th (13 free manifistations/day)
Burst
Talons
Valor

1st (1pp)
Combat Precognation
Skate
Vigor

2nd (3pp)
Body Equalibrium
Claws of the Bear
Vigilance

3rd (5 pp)
Claws of the Vampire
Improved Biofeedback
Metaphysical Body

5th (7pp)
Disolving Touch

Skills (16 Mnk, 36 PsW)
Hide +30 (4 ranks +15 skin +11 dex )
Move Silent +25 (4 ranks +10 boots +11 dex)
Concentration +17 (15 ranks +2 Con)
Swim +17 (15 ranks + 6 Str -3 Weight)
Tumble + 25 (14 ranks + 11 Dex)

Equipment
Peraphat of Wisdom +2
Golves of Dextarity +6
Ring of Protection +2
Belt of Giant Strength +4
Boots of Elvenkind
Cloak of Resiatnce +2
Bag of Holding
Skin of the Chamalion
Charged Longbow +3 (mighty Compisit +4),

Daily Prep
1pp- Combat Precognation (11 hours)
3pp- Claws of the Bear (11 hours)
5pp- Claws of the Vampire (11 hours)
5pp- Improved Biofeedback (11 hours)
5pp- Metaphysical Body (11 hours)
19 pp (21 remaining)

Attack BAB +8/+3
Claw +24: 1d12+9 slashing, +1d8 healing, 19-20x2 crit
Longbow +24: 1d8 +7+1d4, 20x3 Crit, 120'

Full Attack
(flurry of blows) Claws +26/+26/+21: 1d12+9 slashing, +1d8 healing, 19-20x2 crit
Longbow +22/+22/+17: 1d8 +7+1d4, 20x3 Crit, 120'

Gaul is a versitle PC with lots of mobility & flexible combat abilities. One thing that may be a problem is I'm not sure if using flurry of blows with psionic claws is accualy legal, may be a house rule of mine (likewise allowing feats for unarmed strike benifit claws, though thoes you can simply change to claw if your DM dosn't allow it).

Last edited:

Vurt

First Post
You mean Point Blank Shot for Gaul's first level feat, don't you? Or is there some other reason s/he's taking Rapid Shot twice without the prerequisite? ;)

Vurt

Solana

First Post
Psychic warrior

thany you one and all for your posts on this touchy subject, touchy because our DM doesnt believe that psionics have any part in the standard DND adventure. i want to prove to my dm that if you spend some time on a psionist they can prove deadly and worth while allyies.

As for your thoughtfully and well presented characters thank you they are more then capable for the task at hand and i most appreciate this thoughtful jesture.

For my next thread which i would also appreciate you answering is the time old question in DND life

Which one is harder - the fighter or the barbarian ? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads