Ptolus: 165 Vock Row - "Rat-catchers"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ignoring the wet sounds of Thrust's "business" -- which seems to go on for weeks -- Valana moves along the walls of the refuse-filled tunnel, looking for a secret passage. Finding nothing, she move on to the empty crypt cells, searching them one at a time.

[sblock=Valana]Stepping into the third one, she feels something strange happening, and when she looks down in surprise, she sees herself begin to vanish. She's no sooner opened her mouth to cry out in surprise than she sees herself fading back in again.[/sblock]

Filthy

First Post
Valana quickly steps out of the cell, lest she disappear entirely.

"That was definitely not normal", she says, "but what was it?

Teleportation? No, probably too advanced for ratlings. Invisibility? Maybe, but that wouldn't provide a way in or out. Could be an illusion, I suppose"
, she says, continuing to talk to herself as she inspects the cell for any signs of a glyph or spell in place.

Rummaging through her pack, Valana digs out one of her trail rations. Tossing it in the cell, she waits to see if it disappears.

"Over here. There's something strange here."

[sblock=ooc]Can I get a Spellcraft/Knowledge check to figure what is going on? Spellcraft 12, Knowledge (Arcana) 8[/sblock]

Filthy

First Post
Keeping her eye on the small pile of rations tossed into the cell, Valana replies, "I'm not sure if it's an exit, but it's definitely something. I was searching for an exit when I noticed I was starting to disappear. I'm not sure yet if it was teleportation, invisibility, some sort of illusion, or something else altogether."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Valana eyes the stubbornly visible and untransported rations. The previous effect reminded her of how Master Kunstler described the workings of the invisibility spell.

Filthy

First Post
Frowning at the still visible rations, Valana sighs, "not working..."

Here goes nothing."

With that, she steps into the cell, picking up the rations and replacing them in her pack. Then she waits to see if she disappears.

Vdou

First Post
Ella eyes the situation pensively.

[sblock=ooc]
Ella will roll a knowledge check to glean any extra information
[/sblock]

Wool

First Post
Thurst broods in annoyance over yet more hocus pocus. At the moment he would like nothing more than to be able shoot a magic spell, or maybe bash it with a wrench a few times.

Thurst sighs.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ella notes a slight discoloration on the floor, as though something spilled or splashed there long ago. After a moment, she realizes that she can see the spill because Valana has vanished. Or, more precisely, she's turned invisible.

Filthy

First Post
Frowning in thought, Valana steps out of the cell to see if she regains visibility.

[sblock=ooc]How many empty crypt cells are in the room?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads