Ptolus: 165 Vock Row - "Rat-catchers"

Voca

First Post
Mata grunts in disappointment and frustration, plants her feet firmly, and raises her crossbow to fire again. "This time one dies" she mutters.

Aeshen continues his slow deliberate movements towards Mairan, careful that no ratling catches either of them unawares.

[sblock=ooc]Mata fires at the nearest ratling. Aeshen will engage any ratling that attacks him, or comes between him and Mairan. If he reaches Mairan without incident he will then engage any nearby ratling that is not Mairan's target.

Sorry about the delay was gadding around and then forgot in a pile of marking.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Before the group of ratlings reaches Kunstler's staff and apprentices, Mairan is among them, and she runs the first one through before it even realizes what's happened.

A ratling beside her squeals in pain, and one of Valana's arrows juts out of its stomach.

Stepping in front of Valana, Thurst snarls, waving the fistful of ratling tails at the remaining ratling warriors. Far from the intended effect, it turns the remaining two his way, and they come at him, eager for blood. One of them immediately goes down, a crossbow bolt through its eye.

The wounded ratling attempts to strike Mairan, easily sidestepping a clumsy thrust of Aeshen's rapier. But its swing misses her nonetheless.

The other ratling reaches Thurst, and he's so surprised, he's barely able to get his forearm up in time to turn away the rusty nail protruding from the club, although the ratling's blow painfully sore.

[sblock=ooc]Mairan does 10 points of damage to ratling #3, skewering it neatly. It's dead, Jim.

Valana does 3 points of damage to ratling #4.

Mata does 7 points of damage to ratling #5, killing it.

Ratling #6 does 1 point of damage to Thurst.

Ratling #4 and #6 are still alive.

ROUND ENDS.

You know, we're almost done with this adventure. If I can stop slacking now that the election is over, we might actually finish it before 2009 -- well, too late in 2009 ...[/sblock]

Wool

First Post
Thurst guffaws upon barely deflecting the ratling's attack. What exactly he finds so funny is not clear. With steel in his eyes, he stares down his opponent.

[sblock=ooc]Heh I actually don't mind that outcome. A good while back I pondered if I could use the tails to taunt, being one of the party members with the highest defense, but couldn't find any sort of rule to justify it. Thank you for playing right into my hands, bwuahahaha. Please don't deathtouch me.

Also, what about Vdou/Ella?

Oh yeah, my next move is "total defense". Now that I can be sure I have that things attention I shall defend! If it kills Valana anyway Thurst will be pissed!
[/sblock]

Vdou

First Post
Ella sidesteps to put the ratling (#6) between her and Thurst and swings her quarterstaff with all of her bookwormy strength.

Filthy

First Post
Kicking the dead ratling's corpse off her blade, Mairan turns to face the remaining ratling within sword reach. Dropping her shoulder low, she makes a savage upwards cut hoping to score a hit under her opponent's guard.

Stepping back away from Thurst and the ratling, Valana fires an arrow at the ratling who just struck the dwarven cleric.

[sblock=ooc]Mairain attacks ratling #4, Valana shoots at #6.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
[sblock=ooc]God, can you tell the holidays have been kicking my ass? And that, um, Lich King thing.

Skip the turn and let's just keep moving. Or get moving, whichever.[/sblock]

Filthy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll let the flavor text for my actions in my previous post stand, but Mairan is attacking the remaining ratling in melee range (#4), Valana is shooting at the ratling attacking Thurst (#6).[/sblock]

Wool

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just making it clear that my next action is total defense. The one in which I don't attack and get the AC bonus. Hoping the ones I made angry keep wailing on me, my AC should be fairly impressive right now!
[/sblock]

Voca

First Post
Mata grunts in satisfaction, then grabs her club off her belt and swings at the ratling attacking Thurst.

Aeshen grins at Mairan over the wounded ratling's shoulder as he thrusts with the dagger again.

[sblock=ooc]Aeshen is going to attempt to flank the wounded ratling, in case that wasn't as obvious as I hoped the flavour text made it.[/sblock]

Remove ads