Ptolus: 165 Vock Row - "Rat-catchers"

Wool

First Post
Thurst turns to the group and makes a complex series of finger movements with a very serious look on his face. After a few moments of apparent confusion from the group, he rolls his eyes and gives up. Instead he simply readies his weapon and prepares to follow everyone else's lead.

Voca

First Post
"I suspect asking them what they were doing in the bank probably won't pan out." Mata checks her crossbow and grins at the group. "Shall we add some tails to the collection?" [sblock=ooc]The text editing stuff isn't working for me for some reason. :( Also, sorry for being not around, run off my feet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Filthy

First Post
Gripping her sword tightly, Mairan nods in agreement. Stepping back around the corner, she looks back at her companions, "Here we go....", she says. With that she charges into the room, swinging her sword at the closest ratling.

Putting an arrow to string, Valana quietly follow Mairan into the hall. After witnessing the woman's charge into the room, she fires an arrow at one of the visible ratlings.

[sblock=ooc]Marian: Charge a ratling in the room, preferably one of the adults
Valana: Firing an arrow at one of the ratlings, again preferably one of the larger ones.[/sblock]

Voca

First Post
Mata steps out beside Valana, crossbow raised. Aeshen moves ahead of both of them, rapier drawn, eyes scanning the scene.

[sblock=action]Mata will fire at the closest ratling not engaged with Marian, choosing an adult if at all possible. Aeshen will attempt to move to Marian's side and engage any ratling attacking her but not her target (Does that make sense? I am running a fever so it might not.)[/sblock]

Wool

First Post
Thurst brings up the rear and takes up a defensive position near the apprentices, making a quick scan of the situation and adjusting accordingly.

[sblock=ooc]
Because of the reloading time, he should only fire if there are more than 4 adult ratlings. He is mostly concerned with defending the squishies and watching out for reinforcements at the moment.

[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Gripping her sword tightly, Mairan nods in agreement. Stepping back around the corner, she looks back at her companions.

"Here we go," she says. With that she charges into the room, swinging her sword at the closest ratling.

This vast hall is clearly the main encampment of the residents. Animal skins, beds of fur, small chests, and miscellaneous trinkets lie strewn
about amidst a staggering amount of rotting filth, with many of the small humanoids moving to and fro throughout the room. More than a dozen red-glowing eyes look upon at the group, full of alarm, anger, and fear. Diminutive females and their young recoil and clutch each other. The warriors begin to take up arms.

Mairan's sword slashes through the first adult ratling she sees, neatly severing its head from its shoulders, sending it flying into one of the noxious heaps of trash around the room.

Putting an arrow to string, Valana quietly follow Mairan into the hall. After witnessing the woman's charge into the room, she fires an arrow at one of the visible ratlings, but her arrow goes wide over their heads, vanishing in another pile of trash.

Mata steps out beside Valana, crossbow raised. Aeshen moves ahead of both of them, rapier drawn, eyes scanning the scene.

Mata fires a bolt, but she does no better than Valana: it cracks against the far wall, loud but harmless.

Aeshen creeps toward Mairan, protecting her flank, his rapier tip flashing in the gloom.

Ella, gripping her quarterstaff, stays near the rear, watching and waiting.

Thurst brings up the rear and takes up a defensive position near the apprentices, making a quick scan of the situation and adjusting accordingly. He does some quick math, sighs with disappointment, raises his gun, and fires. A ratling squeals and goes down.

At least four more adult ratlings are arming themselves with rusty weapons or clubs with nails run through them.

[sblock=ooc]Mairan does 8 points of damage to ratling #1, killing it dead.

Thurst does 4 points of damage to ratling #2, killing it dead.

ROUND ENDS.[/sblock]

Filthy

First Post
Without giving the now headless corpse at her feet a second thought, Mairan scans the room, looking for new threats. Seeing some of the remaining ratlings arming themselves, she quickly moves to engage them before they can recover from the shock of surprise.

After neatly bulls-eyeing the pile of trash, Valana fires another arrow. This time hoping to hit a ratling.

Wool

First Post
Thust acknowledges the kill with a grunt and prepares for the counterattack. With a stoney face, he brandishes the ratling tail fetish before the remaining warriors.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, this is probably a bad idea considering my charisma modifier, but it's a fun idea! I want Thurst to intimidate the ratling(s?) with the threat of ending up on his belt fetish themselves. I don't really care what the effect is, heh. The closest thing I can find on the site I use to look up what I'm allowed to do is "demoralize opponent", but you know, whatever. :p

If I'm wrong about how this skill works, I'll just "fight defensively" instead.

Also, if you decided Thurst can switch weapons with a move action I want him to do that, but I'm fine with him sticking with the pistol if no.

[/sblock]

Remove ads