• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Erekose13 said:
"Not at the moment, but we'd be interested in joining." replies Maugra.
"Oh! Well, that's highly irregular, but I think we have the papers here ..." the gnome vanishes beneath the counter, and can be heard to rifle through what sounds like a large pile of loose sheets of paper. "That will be 20 gold pieces for a year's dues as a guildsman."

A hand appears over the side and slaps two pieces of paper down on the counter.

"If you could start filling those out, I'll find the blank receipts ..."

Voadam

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"Before the Stonelost were here?" the gnome whistles through his nose as he replies to Vanden. "That would be thousands of years ago. We don't have any records like that, unfortunately.

"But a murderous queen? Yes, that sounds more familiar ... Are you Delvers?"

The Pelican's front door is yanked open by large barechested man streaked with ink.

"Yeah? What do you want?" Someone behind him clears her voice. "Sorry. Hello, thank you for visiting the Pelican. How may I help you?"

"Where is the !@#$ing gnome. I wanna !@#$ing talk to him."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voadam said:
"Where is the !@#$ing gnome. I wanna !@#$ing talk to him."
The barechested man looks skeptically at Garn.

"Who wants to--" Someone behind him again clears their throat. "Who may I say is calling, please?"

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden reached into the reward he had been given earlier that day and counted out 40 gold coins for himself and Maugra.

"So you know of this historic figure?" he presses.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The gnome collects the dues, examines the paper work and pushes forward two rectangles of leather embossed with the Delver's Guild logo.

"Sign here and here with this quill; it's special ink."

Their identity cards fully signed for, the library assistant smiles up at the two newly minted Delvers.

"Yes, yes, she sounds familiar," he whistles, his long white moustache, which completely conceals his mouth, fluttering in the breeze. "Do either of you speak Orcish? The first books that spring to mind are some histories penned by a Sorn-Ulth orc sage.

"Of course, maybe a history by someone who was actually an official resident of the empire back then would be better. Let me think a moment ..."

Voadam

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
The barechested man looks skeptically at Garn.

"Who wants to--" Someone behind him again clears their throat. "Who may I say is calling, please?"

Garn steps forward and pokes his head in the door looking over the man's shoulder to the the woman "A salty !@#$ing hero, that's who. I want to talk to the gnome. He in here?" and looks around.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The man, as large as Garn, blocks the half-orc while listening over his shoulder. He looks back at Garn and Ada and, with a strange expression, opens the door and steps aside.

"Come on in."

Remove ads