• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"I make my living clearing scum out of the Dungeon, although I see some of it has leaked up onto the streets. I think you should go to the Pelican and let your friend do the talking for you, unless you have a secret supply of manners who have been saving for a sunny day."

Trench

First Post
Ada plainly appraises the two. After making some internal calculation, she nods.

"Much obliged," she says to Phoebus. She motions to garn and starts walking to Pier Six.

Erekose13

Explorer
Maugra leads the way to what she remembers as the direction to the Delver's Library. She wasn't exactly sure where it was, but figured they could ask someone once they were closer.

Voadam

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"I make my living clearing scum out of the Dungeon, although I see some of it has leaked up onto the streets. I think you should go to the Pelican and let your friend do the talking for you, unless you have a secret supply of manners who have been saving for a sunny day."

Garn grins nastily. "Thanks Feeb. I'll be sure to put your help to good use. Bet you sleep better knowing you lead us to where we wanted to go." He moves off with Ada. "Dangerous work that delving but good loot, I hear. I'll keep my eyes out for you crawling out of the underground. If you're alone, wounded, and in need of a hand, I'll be !@#$ing sure to give you one. See ya around Feeb."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
A strange-sounding bell rings when Maugra opens the door on Dalenguard Road, and breathes in the musty air of the Delver's Guild Library and Maproom.

Looking up, she sees the bell is actually an ancient pitted and rusted helmet, ruined by an axe blow to the face of whoever once wore it.

"Can I, ah, help you?" a whistling, nasal voice asks.

Vanden points when she has trouble locating its source: a deathly pale and wizened old gnome who seems to be all bushy white eyebrows and long wispy hair. His watery blue eyes peep up at the pair from behind a dark wood counter that blocks access to the rows of bookshelves that seemingly fill the converted wizard's tower.

A series of sandy steps -- which smell like someone has urinated on them recently -- lead down the side of Pier Six, and beneath it turns out to be a large hut, sheltered from the ever present rain by the planks above and the dwarf-carved stone pilings it leans against. It looks like it could be yet another seedy Dockside drinking establishment, if one did not know that the sign depicting a pelican with an overstuffed bill hanging above the door was the name of a broadsheet. The building even has a stool sitting beside the front door that might have held a bouncer, although it is currrently unoccupied.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"Can I, ah, help you?" a whistling, nasal voice asks.

Vanden bows his head politely. "Good day, sir. I am Vanden and my companion is Maugra Ironcrane. We are seeking information on..." he thinks a moment. "Histories- specifically pertaining to early construction in Ptolus. Predating the Stonelost arrival."

Recalling Eror's suggestion, he adds, "Also, do you recall any tales of a queen that was involved in a murder attempt on Ptolus officials several centuries past?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Maugra will let Vanden lead this conversation and see if this Delver will give them information. Should he ask for membership she'll definitely offer to join and pay the standard rate.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Before the Stonelost were here?" the gnome whistles through his nose as he replies to Vanden. "That would be thousands of years ago. We don't have any records like that, unfortunately.

"But a murderous queen? Yes, that sounds more familiar ... Are you Delvers?"

The Pelican's front door is yanked open by large barechested man streaked with ink.

"Yeah? What do you want?" Someone behind him clears her voice. "Sorry. Hello, thank you for visiting the Pelican. How may I help you?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads