• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden will peruse the book, looking specifically for references to the Queen that the gnome indicated, and her relation to the city of Ptolus.

Trench

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
"If there's a problem, tell me, and I'll deal with it. Otherwise, get moving; we got a paper to put out."

Ada steps in. "The problem is some of the... details he put in his story. I'd like to work an arranegmet with Vared himself, maybe to provide future stories. We're currently have a way toward a deep-sea queen's tomb that I'm sure he'd be interested in."

"But I'm not going to offer that opportunity until I set a few things straight with him- specifically how he got his information.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Cthulhudrew said:
Vanden will peruse the book, looking specifically for references to the Queen that the gnome indicated, and her relation to the city of Ptolus.
Most of Fonkin Hoddypeak's travels seem to have been in search of clues about something he called "the Dreaming City," but Fonkin apparently had to leave off his search for a time several hundred years ago when a war with the sahuagin of the Whitewind Sea threatened the young city of Ptolus, and Hoddypeak joined the crew of an Imperial Navy vessel as a ship's wizard.

Finally, the Commissar of Ptolus presented a strange suggestion: He would marry the queen of the sahuagin nation, unifying the two peoples. What he hoped to accomplish this, Hoddypeak can't understand, as the long-lived elf predicts that war will begin again after the Commissar's death, since no children will be born of the union.

In any case, it never ended up being an issue: The queen and her retinue arrived in Ptolus, where the ceremony was to take place in a temple built at the base of the Cliffs of Lost Wishes. But the queen and her retinue betrayed the Tarsisian Empire and attempted to murder the Commissar. His men, apparently prepared for just such an eventuality, killed the sahuagin retinue, and imprisoned the queen, holding her as a hostage to force a break in the war.

Hoddypeak was at sea when all this happens, so he does not even speculate as to where she has been imprisoned, but simply notes that she is being kept magically asleep, to prevent further mischief from her until a permanent treaty can be reached.

With the war with the sahuagin ended, Hoddypeak returned to his search for the Dreaming City, and Vanden can find no more details of the sahuagin queen in the rest of the book.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Trench said:
Ada steps in. "The problem is some of the... details he put in his story. I'd like to work an arrangement with Vared himself, maybe to provide future stories. We're currently have a way toward a deep-sea queen's tomb that I'm sure he'd be interested in."

"But I'm not going to offer that opportunity until I set a few things straight with him- specifically how he got his information.
The she-orc listens quietly to Ada.

"The little wharf rat knows not to come in here with a story told to him by only one source after that whole Potentloins incident," she says, referring to some past infraction that neither Garn nor Ada have heard of. "He came in last night -- well, early this morning -- and I told him to go ask the Watch and folks at the Shark and anyone else he could think of for more details. Did they steer him wrong? I don't care much about stories about Delvers; it's not why people read the Pelican, but if he got something turned around again, I'll twist his head until it pops off."

Erekose13

Explorer
"An interesting tale Vanden, so the water queen is this Sahuagin queen hidden away a long time ago. The location certainly fits, I think. But if it really is her resting place, have we any right to wake her? Or will she re-ignite this ancient war again?" ponders Maugra.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
"How does this Water Queen connect with Longcoat, I wonder? Or is it mere coincidence that her apparent place of imprisonment lay right beneath the Ten Bells Tavern?" Vanden wondered aloud.

[sblock=ooc]Do the time periods of the Water Queen and the first appearance of Longcoat seem to coincide, even remotely?[/sblock]

Privately, he wondered exactly who it was that had been speaking to him in the sewers. He'd assumed it was Coraithe Whitetree, but now he wasn't so certain.

Voadam

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
The she-orc listens quietly to Ada.

"The little wharf rat knows not to come in here with a story told to him by only one source after that whole Potentloins incident," she says, referring to some past infraction that neither Garn nor Ada have heard of. "He came in last night -- well, early this morning -- and I told him to go ask the Watch and folks at the Shark and anyone else he could think of for more details. Did they steer him wrong? I don't care much about stories about Delvers; it's not why people read the Pelican, but if he got something turned around again, I'll twist his head until it pops off."

Garn's patience grows a little thin with this stinking ocess and her perfect diction.

"We don't !@#$ing need you to twist his scrawny neck. Hell, A halfling child could !@#$ing do that. If we wanted to *&^%$ to you about him we'd !@#$ing *&^%$ to you about him. You heard the lady, she wants to talk to your !@#$ing gnome herself. What we are !@#$ing asking is where does he !@#$ing hole up?"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
[sblock=Vanden]Hundreds of years apart, and Fonkin Hoddypeak didn't worry too much about months in his log. He was long-lived and not terribly responsible.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voadam said:
Garn's patience grows a little thin with this stinking ocess and her perfect diction.

"We don't !@#$ing need you to twist his scrawny neck. Hell, A halfling child could !@#$ing do that. If we wanted to *&^%$ to you about him we'd !@#$ing *&^%$ to you about him. You heard the lady, she wants to talk to your !@#$ing gnome herself. What we are !@#$ing asking is where does he !@#$ing hole up?"
She blinks languidly at Garn's tirade, then speaks quietly in Orcish.
[sblock=Orcish]"If you turn and leave right now, I won't have my boys close and lock the door, castrate you and feed the best part of you to the fish while you watch. But if you ever come back here again, I'll use your hide for a new chair."[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"Good one." Garn looks amused and turns to Ada chuckling. "Its a !@#$ing dead end. She doesn't know." He glances at a towering stack of papers "Let's get out of here before a pile of papers crashes down and crushes someone. Place is a @#$%ing death trap waiting to happen."

Remove ads