• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Trollbabe said:
[sblock=OOC] So do I think Longcoat was immune or did he just appear to save vs. the attack? Or is that information impossible to know? This will help with my decision for my next action.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]That was "he saved" flavor text. ;)[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ada's club collides heavily with Longcoat, almost knocking him off his feet.

[sblock=ooc]Ada hits for 10 points of damage, reduced to 5 by damage reduction. Unconfirmed critical hit.[/sblock]

As Garn feels the world going cold and black around him, he swings one last time at the creature before him, but it does no good.

[sblock=ooc]Garn loses a hit point of damage even as he whiffs his swing.[/sblock]

Jarem swings at Longcoat, putting his faith and strength into it, but his sword slashes only through the coat, not the creature itself.

In the doorway, Maugra murmurs a prayer to the Mother of Machines and the complex machine that is Vanden's body stops its bleeding and he stabilizes.

Longcoat wheels toward Ada, eyes bright with fury, slashing at her with both claws, both finding flesh beneath the chain shirt.

[sblock=ooc]Two hits, for a total of 12 (!) points of damage.

Waiting on Garnet to end the round.[/sblock]

Trollbabe

First Post
With his inner gate to arcane energy still opened Garnet again summons his spell energies. He thrusts his hands towards Longcoat in a violent manner. (ooc=casting Daze) "He keeps resisting me!"

[sblock=Spell Focus] Just remembered enchantment is my focus so the DC for Daze is raised by 1 if it matters.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For what seems like an eternity, Garnet can't tell whether his spell worked, but then Longcoat sort of shakes his head and stands in a momentary stupor, not helpless, but not attacking either.

[sblock=ooc]Daze barely worked!

Longcoat heals 2 hit points of damage. He has suffered a total of 17 points of damage.

Garn is at -1 hit points and bleeding out. He will die in nine rounds.

NEW ROUND BEGINS.

Sorry for the delay. Work is kicking my butt, and I was cranking on work to be able to get out of here at a decent time on Friday, since my parents are coming down.[/sblock]

Trench

First Post
"Gods!" Ada reels back. Given her size, people often went out of their way NOT to injure her- even in the Warrens. To have that invulnerability so casually brushed aside, as well as being hurt worse than she's ever been... well that's an eye-opener.

"BASTARD!" She shouts, swinging her club again.

((This'll probably be my last one guys. Let's hope I make it count. Power attack, -2 to hit +2 to damage)

Pitchwife

First Post
"Ada! Get out of there!"

Jarem attacks again, adjusting to either provide a flank or, if that's not possible, putting himself between this thing and an exit.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Now the target of Longcoat's bloodlust, Ada swings her club again, spitting a curse at the creature, but swings wide.

Meanwhile, Maugra's second prayer causes Garn's wounds to knit just enough to stop the blood loss.

From Longcoat's side, Jarem's bastard sword suddenly comes rushing in, and he causes the creature to scream out in pain as he draws blood.

[sblock=ooc]Jarem does 8 points of damage, reduced to 3 by Longcoat's damage reduction on an unconfirmed critical hit.

Dazed, Longcoat does not attack this round.

Pausing for Garnet.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads