[Pulp Heroes] Thrilling Adventures Update

Turgenev

Hero
New at the Thrilling Adventures site:

http://paratime.ca/d20/pulp/

§ An expanded weapons table with nine additional weapon entries (mostly oriental weapons)

§ The Homalocephale Dinosaur conversion

§ Turok: Son of Stone Cover Gallery (link found on the links page)

Cheers,
Tim

WSmith

First Post
I have to say I think Pulp Heroes was the best thing WOTC has done in a while. Nice website. Do you have any game logs?

Turgenev

Hero
WSmith said:
I have to say I think Pulp Heroes was the best thing WOTC has done in a while. Nice website. Do you have any game logs?

Thanks. I'm glad that you enjoy the site. We pulp fans have to stick together or we will be overrun by the d20 Modern fans <jk>. :D

Sorry, I don't have any game logs though. But I have updated the site with a new Prestige Class:

§ The Dinosaur Hunter

Now I just have to do that Turok conversion... and add more dinosaur conversions... and, you get the idea. :)

Cheers,
Tim

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Hey Tim! You're still at it!

That's really :cool: I glad I bookmarked your site a while back. I admire your creativity! I like pulp for the sheer wild & cheesy escapism. It's a good break from 3E...

Hey, don't forget the 1930's Top Secret personal jet/rocket pack ;) Remember that movie in the late 80's/early 90's about the Rocket Pack the Nazi spies in the US were looking to steal? I'm not sure if "Rocket Man" was the flick's title or not. (Disney?) But every pulp campaign needs a device like this--complete with funky helmet and goggles--it's a pulp "must" :D (I wouldn't know where to start the stats for such a thing in d20, but I thought I'd toss the idea out there...)

You know, Tim, you might find yourself with a publisher if you keep going on like this... :D

-W.

Last edited:

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
It was the Rocketeer and it starred Bill Campbell, Timothy Dalton and Jennifer Connely. It was a cool Disney movie and it would be awesome if you include it on your great site (Hint Hint)

BTW, when will be the next update. Soon, I hope

Turgenev

Hero
Re: Hey Tim! You're still at it!

Winterthorn said:
That's really :cool: I glad I bookmarked your site a while back. I admire your creativity! I like pulp for the sheer wild & cheesy escapism. It's a good break from 3E...

I've been a huge fan of the Pulp genre before I even knew what Pulp was. :p I grew up reading Doc Savage and the Spider reprints as a kid. Add a generous helping of Edgar Rice Burroughs to the list and you get the idea. I'm also a fan of old B&W movies/serials and I still listen to old radio programs when I get a chance (i.e. when I can find them). All of these sources plus a few modern ones are my inspiration for the Thrilling Adventures page. :)

Hey, don't forget the 1930's Top Secret personal jet/rocket pack ;) Remember that movie in the late 80's/early 90's about the Rocket Pack the Nazi spies in the US were looking to steal? I'm not sure if "Rocket Man" was the flick's title or not. (Disney?) But every pulp campaign needs a device like this--complete with funky helmet and goggles--it's a pulp "must" :D (I wouldn't know where to start the stats for such a thing in d20, but I thought I'd toss the idea out there...)

Ahhh... the Rocketeer - a damn good inspired by the old serial character(s) of Rocketman/Commander Cody. I remember seeing a Rocketeer Prestige Class up on the web somewhere but I can't seem to find the link and a quick search on Google has turned up nothing. Oh well, if I do find it I'll post the link here. While I would love to include a Rocketeer prestige class on the site, I have other "projects" that I'm currently working on that are taking up enough of my time as it is. More about them later. :)

Thanks for the kind words, Winterthorn. I hope to have a new update soon... so keep checking back as often as you can. :D

Turgenev

Hero
Kenpo Wolf said:
It was the Rocketeer and it starred Bill Campbell, Timothy Dalton and Jennifer Connely. It was a cool Disney movie and it would be awesome if you include it on your great site (Hint Hint)

BTW, when will be the next update. Soon, I hope

I'm currently working on my Devil Monkey Dog Tong organization for the next update. I hope to have it ready ASAP. Think of it as a Fu Manchu inspired criminal organization that you can drop into your Pulp Heroes game. :)

Cheers,
Tim

SmokestackJones

First Post
Hey there,

Just got me a copy of Pulp Heroes. Haven't read it yet, but it looks good. One thing though: I'll be using Otherwold's Forbidden Kingdoms with my group. These two mesh well enough for me to use PH with FK?

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

Turgenev

Hero
SmokestackJones said:
Hey there,

Just got me a copy of Pulp Heroes. Haven't read it yet, but it looks good. One thing though: I'll be using Otherwold's Forbidden Kingdoms with my group. These two mesh well enough for me to use PH with FK?

From what I have heard (I don't own FK), the two books seem somewhat compatible. I'm sure you'll find stuff from both books that you'll want to use in a Pulp campaign. Course someone who has first hand knowledge of the FK book can give you a better idea of the two books' compatibility. :)

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads