• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth Chapter 2

Pebele

First Post
The mass of zombies along the west wall still madly claws against the stonework trying to escape.

Darrick steps towards Catherine's target and unleashes a wicked slash, followed by a mirrored strike from Catherine's halberd. Both blades tear a bloodless, but disturbing, path through the undead.

Ducerne meanwhile is unable to break through his opponent's guard, as his attack is parried away.

Sepoto takes a shot against a warrior against the wall, but his arrow misses the mark.

Trebuchet's magic finishes off the knights' target, burning through rotting flesh even as azure bolts slam home.

Kaelan's blade and savage horn attack finish off Ducerne's target, whilst an arrow whistles past Kaelan to strike an undead behind him.

Charles ducks and rolls past Sepoto and strikes another warrior with his spear. The blade tears a wide gouge in the bloodless flesh of his target.

(With 6 rounds to go on Catherine's Turn Undead, and only 4 targets left, I'll just paraphrase the next few rounds)

With the last of the fighting undead taken care of, the entire party (save for Catherine) advanced on the undead, unleashing a wave of blades and flame that cut down the cowering undead easily. The undead do not fight back, instead trying madly to retreat from Catherine, even as they are cut down one after the other.

When the last of the undead fall, that party find themselves facing a door to the north, and the hallway they came from to the east.

The party took no further damage.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan 31/44

Kaelan spits in disgust at the foul taste of the undead flesh in his mouth. His pulls out a dagger and begins picking the pieces of meat out from between his overly large and sharp teeth. "Do we continue on or go back to the main room that we started in?" he says nodding towards the door on the north wall. He walks over to Catherine, "Would you mind using your wand on me once more? I wouldn't want the wounds to get infected, who knows what diseases these things are carrying."

Rolzup

First Post
Pulling a rag from one of his pouches, Darrick quietly cleans his blade as he considers the now inanimate corpses. "I wonder how long they've been down here. And who did this to them? Do you recognize this style of armor, Catherine?"

Shaking his head, a little sadly, he turns back to the others. "I'm for moving on. Sooner we're out of here, the happier I'll be."

Shayuri

First Post
"That was bracing!" Trebuchet opines as he dissolves the fire sphere.

"Mindless undead make excellent targets, I believe. Relatively slow, durable enough to warrant massive response, and devoid of any moral qualm in the destruction of. By all means, let us continue. Perhaps we'll find more!"

Yeoman

First Post
"I'll just check each person who was hurt, and with a bit of magic from the wand we should be as good as new."

Catherine bends down to look at the undead. "I'm not certain, but let me think..."

[sblock=Knowledge Checks for Identification]
Knowledge (Religion) 21
Knowledge (Nature) 21
[/sblock]

Once they are done with the examinations, and the healing... "I'm for continuing to follow this current passage. May as well find out where it goes first."

Rookseye

Explorer
"Sepoto will gladly lead the way, Captain-Catherine---Sepoto glances sourly at the gruesome undead remains---but if you would stay close with your octogram, Sepoto would truly appreciate the kindness."

Yeoman

First Post
Catherine finishes checking the dead. "I wonder how long these goblins were down here? Or even what race they originally were. It's a mystery alright. No wonder they sent survey teams out here."

"I'll be right behind you my friend. Please, lead on."

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan 33/44 hp 0 damage healed 8 DR remaining

"I shall drop back and keep rear guard," Kaelan says. He puts his dagger away and returns his clawed hands to his double scimitar.

[sblock=ooc]Spot/Listen: +7. Pebele, when were you opening up recruitment to replace Charles? After we complete the part of the adventure? Just curious, I want to see what people come up with. :) [/sblock]

Pebele

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
[sblock=ooc]Spot/Listen: +7. Pebele, when were you opening up recruitment to replace Charles? After we complete the part of the adventure? Just curious, I want to see what people come up with. :) [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I will probably be opening up recruitment next week, and bring in the new character after this part of the adventure is finished. Unfortunately, I think it may be a little difficult to get a replacement in to the temple with the party. :)

I will post a link to the recruitment thread if anyone is interested and knowns someone who may want to take part in the campaign. [/sblock]

Pebele

First Post
Before the party departs for the north, Catherine carefully examines the bodies of the undead. From their appearance, she is able to identify them as some sort of Goblinoid. She does not find anything that she can identify as evidence of what they were doing in this structure.

Sepoto leads the way, carefully checking the ruined door for traps before leading the party North. He finds no evidence of a trap, and leads the party north.

Kaelan keeps his ears open for a rear attack, but hears nothing.

Sepoto leads the group north for some distance before the path turns to the right. He follows the path around and come to a fork. The path continues to the east, but also turns south. He can see that the southern path is only about 15 feet long, and ends at a door.

Remove ads