• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth Chapter 2

Rolzup

First Post
"Shall I hit it?" Darrick asks, hefting his shield. "Give me enough room to build up some speed, and I think that I can bring it down."

Pebele

First Post
Darrick rushes the door, stealing himself for the impact. He is rewarded with a satisfying crackling sound as the door gives way as he slams his body in to it.

The momentum carries him a few feet in to the room, and his feet slide on chunks of wood.

The room appears devoid of life, though the stench of decay and age are much stronger here than they are in the rest of the area. Perhaps because this room had been closed for so long.

At first glance the room appears to be full of rotting books, papers, linens and artwork.

Last edited:

Rolzup

First Post
"Seems clear," Darrick calls, looking warily about. Drawing his sword, he advances cautiously into the room, kicking the broken pieces of door to either side.

Last edited:

Yeoman

First Post
Catherine coughs heavily. "Well if the undead don't kill us, apparently mold will. Let's give this room the once over and move on."

[sblock=Search Check]
[/sblock]

Rookseye

Explorer
Sepoto skulks in behind the others, keen senses picking up the scent of ancient bookbinding paste mixed with the dry taint of ages long lost.

"Friend-Catherine, what might this place be?"

[SBLOCK]Search check = 19 [/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan

Kaelan, seeing the room apparently lacking guards, hesitates for a moment, glancing down the hallways, then striding towards the room. He gives the room a quick once over, looking to find some order in the mess. He then reaches down and carefully picks through the debris. "Anybody find anything worth keeping?"

[sblock=ooc]I know it is more than I can do in a round, but I'll take the time assuming nothing interrupts. Move action: Spot check down the hallway, 21. Second move action: move down the hallway into the room(assuming it is within reach). Next round, use full round action to search a square in the room, 17. [/sblock]

Pebele

First Post
Kaelan sees nothing down the hall from the group, and joins them as soon as he is sure it is safe to do so.

The group searches the room, but they find nothing that seems to have any value. No one in the group can understand the bits of language that they find on the decaying books, and no one recognizes any of the symbols that are present on the scraps of artwork that remain.

Satisfied that the room was nothing more than a storage area that has since been rendered useless, the group returns to the hallway.

The hall continues to the east, and Sepoto remains in the front. He comes to a 15 foot wide hallway which leads north and south. He remembers that in the room with the staircase, the passages leading north and south were also 15 feet wide.

Remove ads