• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth

Yeoman

First Post
After addressing the group, Catherine motions to Kaelan, and takes him aside for a moment. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I just want you to know that I'm very grateful for all of your contributions in battle and elsewhere. I'm really glad I was able to get to you in time to prevent you from dying. You've always been pretty distant, so I doubt you consider me a friend, but as a fellow student and team member...I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I'd be upset if you fell in combat, doing something foolish like you have something to prove."

Catherine starts to walk away to start reviewing the document and map, but as she is walking away, she turns back to say "I hope this won't affect our ability to work together on this mission, but I understand if you don't want to interact outside of mission related work."

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet inclines his head and replies, "Pleased to be of service. I've found that it is often difficult to pick out targets when there are allied units engaged with them. Fortuantely I have access to two spells that are magically guided after casting, making them far safer and more reliable under those circumstances."

He pauses, then rattles woefully, "I have access to several spells capable of affecting a small area; but for various reasons, I did not consider them tactically sound in this battle. That is, unless substantial allied losses are considered tolerable"

The warforged then stoops to pick up one of each of the potions and examines them minutely, tapping the flasks gently to shake any sediments up. A small, thin monacle flips out of his temple with a whirr, and folds over his right eye as he does.

[sblock]Spellcraft for Blue potion: 27 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=965546
Spellcraft for Yellow potion: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=965552[/sblock]

Pebele

First Post
Catherine is unable to identify either of the potions. She frowns as she returns them to the ground.

Trebuchet has more luck, he is able to identify the blue potions as Cure Light Wounds Potions. He places all 18 of them aside. As he examines the yellow potions, though, he comes up blank. He returns them to the ground.

As Sepoto examines the area around where the group has made camp, he is able to notice that there appears to be some broken underbrush leading farther to the East. He cannot make out any further details, however.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan

OOC: I'll going to finish things up right here that was started before I move on to the new thread.

Kaelan continues to look over the potions trying to identify their purpose. He looks at the blue potions and then the rest. Spellcraft: 6 & 19

Catherine said:
And lastly, Kaelan...your initial charge was very, very effective. You took out one of their wolves, before it could even become a real factor. That's very good,She pauses momentarily, however...recklessly charging into a large group of enemies while the rest of the party is a long ways away was not only foolish, it very nearly got you killed...twice. I'm just glad I got to you in time. For the sake of yourself and all of us who depend on you, please try to refrain from getting too far out from the rest of the group."

"I understand your concern Catherine, but I think my plan worked out very well. You see I sought to strike down one of the Children or their allies. They would attack me en masse in retaliation. Then I would retreat as wounded as I was, back to the rest of you, thus drawing them back into your waiting blades. What I didn't plan for however, was the lucky blows that they got past my guard, that was just sheer luck on their part."Bluff: 12, not as believable as I would have hoped ;)

[sblock=If his bluff is detected]"Okay you caught me. Truthfully, that was not my plan, but I think it worked out pretty well. Other than myself we held up pretty well."[/sblock]

You've always been pretty distant, so I doubt you consider me a friend, but as a fellow student and team member...I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I'd be upset if you fell in combat, doing something foolish like you have something to prove."

"You are pretty adept at healing, and you know much of the Sovereign Host. While I was unconcious I saw my brother. He reprimanded me for falling in battle." Kaelan hangs his head in shame. "Sometimes I think I won't be able to live up to his legacy, especially when things turn out like the way they did today."

Yeoman

First Post
Kaelan said:
"I understand your concern Catherine, but I think my plan worked out very well. You see I sought to strike down one of the Children or their allies. They would attack me en masse in retaliation. Then I would retreat as wounded as I was, back to the rest of you, thus drawing them back into your waiting blades. What I didn't plan for however, was the lucky blows that they got past my guard, that was just sheer luck on their part."

Really? Is that all it was?" Sense Motive 13

Kaelan said:
"Okay you caught me. Truthfully, that was not my plan, but I think it worked out pretty well. Other than myself we held up pretty well."

Kaelan said:
"You are pretty adept at healing, and you know much of the Sovereign Host. While I was unconcious I saw my brother. He reprimanded me for falling in battle." Kaelan hangs his head in shame. "Sometimes I think I won't be able to live up to his legacy, especially when things turn out like the way they did today."

"Well if you believe that, then you'll never live up to his legacy. You just need more faith in your own skills, and trust that your "brother" is watching over you. I don't know a tremendous amount about the beliefs of the Valenar and Aerenal elves, but I'm sure that wherever he is, he wouldn't want you to throw your life away. Just remember that. I probably wasn't on your top of list of partners, but I'm glad we've gotten the work together. You are an excellent warrior Kaelan, and I doubt you'll find any here, or at the academy who will say otherwise. I don't know your "brother", but I know that you are a good person, and an asset to any assignment. I'm just glad he hit me with whatever that spell was and not you. If it nearly killed me...well I'd rather not think about that."

Catherine grabs the sealed letter from the pile of gear. "I'll translate this, and let you all know what it says."

Off to the new thread

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads