• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Query of a new game

Stilts

First Post
I've recently established an interest in a new TCG, and would like to find out more about it before I pursue it further. All of you I'm assuming have heard of WoW (World of Warcraft: Online). My interest is in the card game based on the WoW phenomenon. I've seen a couple af starter decks and booster packs around town, and now am trying to get more info on the game, or even anyone else to join me. I guess my two main questions at this time: What's it all about (how to play, easy to learn, is it fun to play)? And Will it be worth it?
I do know TCG's can get a little costly sometimes, getting different booster packs to enhance a players deck.

Just wondering if anyone can help me to explore this possibility before I chose to invest anything into it but a little research time.

Thanks in advance!

Fyrestryke

Explorer
My advice would be to get a one day pass to GenCon (in August) and go experience the WOW TCG for yourself if you can wait that long. Otherwise, just look for some info here...

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/

Maybe just a google for WOW TCG reviews...

http://www.google.com/search?q=WOW+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Also, go over to Comic Cave and talk to Dave about it and see what nights there might be people playing it. Just go watch them and ask them if you can try it out. Lots of options before sinking a bunch of money into it. :cool:

thormagni

Explorer
Stilts said:
Just wondering if anyone can help me to explore this possibility before I chose to invest anything into it but a little research time.

I interviewed the developer and played the game before it came out last year at GenCon. I might be able to find the audio, if you want...

Fyrestryke

Explorer
Trading Card Game. =)

Sometimes you'll see something like CCG (Customizable Card Game) or even CTCG (Collectible Trading Card Game) or yet still CCCG (Collectible Customizable Card Game) and maybe even CCG (this time Collectible Card Game).

Most all of those anachronyms (sp?) refer to one universal thing...WOM (Waste of Money) hehehe :p :lol:

Grimhelm

First Post
:) You know, I figured it out after I posted the message.

Side note: Is anyone looking forward to playing in Inzeladun soon, in my campaign?

Grimhelm

First Post
Don't even think about bailing out. I will hunt you down, flay the skin from your hide and feed it to my... well, whatever. You know? Like something really scary with four heads and teeth the size of New Hampshire.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads