Query regarding file uploads

Mike Eagling

Explorer
Hello,

How many posts do I have to make before I'm allowed to post either files or links? The restriction is making it difficult to enter the 7-day RPG challenge
Cheers,

Mike

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can upload attachments from your first post. What difficulty have you been experiencing?

Mike Eagling

Explorer
Hi Morrus,

I can upload the pdf but if I try to preview a post with a link to it, or with an external link to the same file on drop box, I get an error saying "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Regards,
Mike

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To enter the competition you need to upload it here, not Dropbox. You won't need to post any links; simply upload the file.

Mike Eagling

Explorer
Hmm, doesn't seem to be working for me.

Like I said I can upload the file OK but don't seem to be allowed to link to it in my post.

I'll try again...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know what you mean by "link to it" - if you upload it, it's there. You don't need to link to it. Try the post without trying to link to it.

Mike Eagling

Explorer
I'll try to explain what I'm doing and maybe we can figure out what's going wrong...

I've gone to the relevant thread and clicked on "Go Advanced" to get an attachment button. That button opened a new window and allowed me to upload the pdf. I've selected that and clicked "Done". The file appears beneath the thread reply gubbins, underneath the "Manage Attachments" button but when I click on the "Preview Post" button I get the error above.

Any ideas?

Remove ads