Question about ECL and Epic'ness

RithTheAwakener

First Post
Its been a long-running discussion between my entire group and my DM since the moment my character became a half dragon. Im current level 17 (Fighter 6 Sorc 1 DragonDisciple 10) and with my +3 ECL for half dragon i count as a 20th lvl character. My DM believes that next level, since i will be reaching 21st level, i will be taking Epic level classes and be eligible for epic feats that come along with it. I however think that since im not yet a 20th class level character i cannot be epic... and we do not have an answer to this question!

I ask you all for a answer to this :D Any reasoning behind it or page numbers in the core rule books (or epic even, though i dont have it) would be much appreciated

Thanks

EDIT! A few other people (not from the same group) say that since i took class levels to become a half dragon, that the ECL doesnt apply to me, true or false? houserule? thanks!

No, it doesn't.

However, the point of the various "Monster Classes" is that, at the end of them, you end up where you should be.

Thus, a Drow class would be a 2 level class, to account for the normal +2 LA. Someone who goes Drow 2 / Fighter 1 is in exactly the same position as someone who started a Drow Fighter 1 (+2 LA).

At the end of the Dragon Disciple PrC, you've already picked up all the bonuses of the Half-Dragon template, spread across 10 levels rather than 3. To compensate, you get a couple extra goodies (like increased spells per day).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
RithTheAwakener said:
Its been a long-running discussion between my entire group and my DM since the moment my character became a half dragon. Im current level 17 (Fighter 6 Sorc 1 DragonDisciple 10) and with my +3 ECL for half dragon i count as a 20th lvl character. My DM believes that next level, since i will be reaching 21st level, i will be taking Epic level classes and be eligible for epic feats that come along with it. I however think that since im not yet a 20th class level character i cannot be epic... and we do not have an answer to this question!

As the others said, there is no level adjustment for being dragon disciple, but let's pretend you were a Fithter 6/Sorcerer 1/Spellsword 10 (I know that you probybly can't qualify for Spellsword as Ftr6/Src 1, but it isn't important here) and had acquired the half-dragon template the usual way (by having a draconic parent).

Then yes: you'd turn epic next level, as you'd have effective character level 21. This would mean than from now on, you could choose epic feats (and as you get a feat at level 18, you could choose an epic feat right away). You could, AFAIK, even take the 11th level in Spellsword (entering the epic progression of the PrC).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases