• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about the "Pin Shield" feat in S&F

Zarthon

Explorer
Greetings all,

Im a bit confused about the use of the Pin Shield feat from S&F (pg 8), what I understand from it is that you use your off-hand attack to pin your opponents shield so that you may get an AoO with your primary weapon at your full attack bonus against your opponent, the feat description also says that you must use the Striking a Weapon rules from the PHB (pg 136) which provokes an AoO from your opponent.

Am I correct in saying that by using the Pin Shield feat you are basically exchanging your off-hand attack for an AoO against you and an AoO against your opponent with your primary weapon.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
This occurred to me once, but I somehow arrived at the conclusion that Pin Shield does not provoke an AoO. I can't remember why, though. Does it have Sunder as a prerequisite, maybe?

Zarthon

Explorer
AuraSeer said:
This occurred to me once, but I somehow arrived at the conclusion that Pin Shield does not provoke an AoO. I can't remember why, though. Does it have Sunder as a prerequisite, maybe?

The prerequisites are: BaB +4 & Two Weapon Fighting.

Remove ads