Question on D&D minis

Chain Lightning

First Post
Sorry if this is either in the wrong section or has been asked before. I heard that the D&D miniature game is being cancelled and that maybe WotC might start selling their prepainted minis solely for gaming aids for 4th ed. Does that mean they're not going to be sellling randoms anymore and it might be more like themed boxes? Like, here's an undead box: 6 skeletons, 4 zombies, 1 ghoul. Here's an Orc box: 6 Orcs, 4 Orcs with bows, 1 Orc Chieftan.

Something like this? No? Yes?

If so, has it started or not yet? Thanks for the help.

Sammael

Adventurer
The D&D model is changing. Basically, they canceled the skirmish game and are splitting the minis into two branches:

1) Themed PC boxes - containing 3 visible PC minis of a certain theme (arcane, martial, etc.)

2) Monster boxes - containing 1 visible monster and several random monsters.

This new model will start during this spring.

EDIT: According to the most current confirmed information, monster theme packs are not currently under consideration.

Chain Lightning

First Post
The D&D model is changing. Basically, they canceled the skirmish game and are splitting the minis into two branches:

Thanks Sammael. That's a big help. I'm gearing up to run a D&D campaign and I wanna strategize how to expand my library of "monster" minis. With common low level monsters, I find myself using Reaper or GW minis. For more exotic higher level stuff , I'll be using the prepainted D&D minis. I also hope they make more Tieflings and Dragonborn.

Remove ads