• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Question on Effective Party Size in Pathfinder

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I would also recommend looking at the paizo forums, they have sections setup for the various adventure paths and often posts in the general area about modules.

Look for people posting about encounters that have often resulted in TPK's. For example, the last encounter in the second book of Rise of the Runelords caused many a party death. If you are doing a module and don't see any posts about it, it would be a good place to ask if anyone had any recommendations regarding encounters within it.

Cullyn

First Post
I'm in the same situation and am presently running the Legacy of Fire adventure path with three PCs. I've been able to run it without issues thanks largely to the fact that specific AP was written for D&D 3.5 and we're running the Pathfinder rules. The characters are a bit stronger in Pathfinder and as long as I've kept the PCs at the level the modules suggest they've had difficult fights, but not overwhelming ones.

I have been taking more care to make sure the party can handle what's being thrown at them and have always kept an NPC or two in resever as a "just in case" but I haven't had to pull any punches during the game as of yet.

It's certainly possible, though there may be more difficulty with any of the APs that are after Legacy of Fire as they are written specifically for Pathfinder.

Votan

Explorer
I would also recommend looking at the paizo forums, they have sections setup for the various adventure paths and often posts in the general area about modules.

Look for people posting about encounters that have often resulted in TPK's. For example, the last encounter in the second book of Rise of the Runelords caused many a party death. If you are doing a module and don't see any posts about it, it would be a good place to ask if anyone had any recommendations regarding encounters within it.

Nice tip. It turns out that there were many groups that had trouble with the Quasit's incredible AC and healing. It also give me an idea of what the designer was thinking with the encounter so it should go smoother when we try again tomorrow!

Remove ads