Question on El's Effulgent Eporation...

Archer

First Post
Maybe if you gave the full text of the spell you are referring to then an answer might be forthcoming. Giving the source might even help but I doubt it.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
well, in the spell's description it does state the globes "cannot be harmed...except those [attacks] that dispel or negate magic entirely (such as dispel magic , antimagic field , and so on). and since Mordenkainen's Disjunction is made to 'negate magic entirely', i'd have to say it's included.

so, IMO, antimagic field and Mordenkainen's Disjunction will each dispel Elminster's Effulgent Epuration globes.

(what a pain! does every wizard have to have a weird name? nothing simple like Bob or Joe, noooo. and when FR wizards start making spells, can just one of them make the title less than 37 syllables? synostodweomer? effulgent? can they pronounce these spell titles with a straight face? i don't think so! :rolleyes: )

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
(what a pain! does every wizard have to have a weird name? nothing simple like Bob or Joe, noooo. and when FR wizards start making spells, can just one of them make the title less than 37 syllables? synostodweomer? effulgent? can they pronounce these spell titles with a straight face? i don't think so! :rolleyes: )

And what are the names of the Wizards (full names, not the shortened ones we call them) in our games? I think it's an unwritten rule as requirement to the class. ;)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
enervation, enervation, enervation, polymorph, no problem!

(i almost erased this post, 'cause all i can think of now is "LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! SLEEP! LIGHTNING BOLT!)

Remove ads