Level Up (A5E) Question on Wounding Strike

Stalker0

Legend
I have argued in my various maneuvers reviews that wounding strike is one of the worst maneuvers in the game. Absolute garbage. And yes to confirm, there are two scenarios where you can spend your 2 exertion points for nothing:
  • You miss with the attack (the maneuver must be activated before you make the attack not after).
  • The opponent makes their first save.
Damage over Time is just not that great in 5e, but the way this maneuver is setup its just really bad.

I dropped it to 1 cost and an immediate 1d4 damage before the saves, but even then, no one in my group has taken it.

I have argued in my various maneuvers reviews that wounding strike is one of the worst maneuvers in the game. Absolute garbage. And yes to confirm, there are two scenarios where you can spend your 2 exertion points for nothing:
  • You miss with the attack (the maneuver must be activated before you make the attack not after).
  • The opponent makes their first save.
Damage over Time is just not that great in 5e, but the way this maneuver is setup its just really bad.

I dropped it to 1 cost and an immediate 1d4 damage before the saves, but even then, no one in my group has taken it.
I was considering making exactly the same changes, and also bumping the damage over time so it stays more relevant as levels grow. But it's probably still a very hard sell

Remove ads