• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions, Druid Goodness. PHB, DotF, MotW

Daag

First Post
I'm making a character, a Druid specifically, just got MotW, liked it, but that's besides the point.

Anyways my question regards the Wild armor and shield special property. If you have both a shield, say a +1 wild large wooden shield, and +1 wild leather armor, when you wild shape, do you retain both armor bonus, +6 total in this case?

Also, if you cast Shillelagh on a quarterstaff, does it affected both ends? Same goes for the spells Brambles, and Spikes from DotF?
If it does, this means if you cast both Shillelagh and Spikes at 5th level, you could have a quarterstaff that does 1d10+7/1d10+7 19-20 x2 (+2 from enhancement, +5 from spikes), and at 10 th level if you have an opposable +1 quarterstaff and prepare it properly...you could wildshape into a brown bear and and do 1d10+20 with primary hand, and 1d10+16 with secondary....

anwyays....it's mostly my first question I want an answer to...although the second would be nice too =)

Daag

Crothian

First Post
I think the first seems right. I don't see any reason why they both wouldn't apply.

Double weapons need spells cast on both sides, as each side is considered its own weapon.

Magus_Jerel

First Post
in answering the second question -
hmmm - i would have to say no. However - that is for My setting.

There is a bigtime precedent for saying it only effects one head - and that is in the creation of magical double weapons.

There is no real precedent other than this - so it could go either way.

As for the first question - I don't have or want MotW - so I can't answer it.

green slime

First Post
Druids have indeed been somewhat boosted by the splatbooks...

From few spells to much munch goodness.

I'd say the spells only affect one head at a time.
Also IMC, I wouldn't have the damage bonuses from the spells stack, you would only get the greatest. I believe it is a wording issue, and likely to be corrected in a future errata (I think they failed to mention brambles damage is an enhancement bonus).

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Q1 - I would have thought you should only get +2 armour bonus (the magic enhancement). Perhaps the leather armour bonus too but certainly not the shield bonus. Thus, if I were your DM I would give either +2 or +4 depending on how generous I was feeling.

Q2 - In my campaign Shillelagh affects the whole staff and so you've got a double weapon with two kickin' ends. This is perfectly balanced in my book because any druid who wanted to take advantage of this will have given up a couple of feats in order to be able to do so

IMC a double sword, double axe or other sundry double weapons need to have each end enchanted separately - but quarterstaffs don't have separate metal heads to be enchanted, it is just one big stick, and the enchantment affects the whole stick. Its a flavour thing :)

Cheers

milo

First Post
I have a druid for one of my characters and I can't wait to use Master's of the Wild. I plan on going the natural spell-multiattack path wildshaped into a brown bear. At 12th level it will be a dire bear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads