ZEITGEIST Questions for The Dying Skyseer

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
1) If you have not already read it Leone is a big character in book 6. I cannot recomend highly enough reading ahead all of this campaign, there are a lot of links from events in later books and knowing whats coming will help you foreshadow for the players and know what not to let them do

2) I don't think there is a lot more on Wolfgang, he appears in 11 and 13 but I don't think there are any revelations, his son appears repeatedly in 6 and 8 . Really he is Frankenstein who's while seeking the secret of life eternal through SCIENCE! created Andrei , disaster ensued and he is fleeing his creation who may not be as murderous as his earlier experience makes him think.

3) No. They are created by issues with the Collossus as well as with the Oil reservoir and he will be making the ground shake in the Bleak gate until the end of book 5 and then he makes the world tremble.

My impression here is that you are reading just as far as you need. I think this is a mistake in any AP , but this one has a particularly complicated plot where the revelations from each adventure build on each other. I would not consider running it without having read all 13 parts , details of pc backstories were drawn from events in book 8 and 13 , the fate of my Kobold gunslinger was influenced by Pembertons role in the final few adventures. On the other hand if it is working for you and everyone is having fun then keep on going

arkwright

Explorer
1) Books 5 and 7 might have more on Leone, those are the only places he shows up.

2) You can read ahead and see what Wolfgang will do which might change how you portray him, but you won't find out very much more about his background. In Book 6 he gets stuck with a goblin tribe and cures a plague for them, in Book 11 he goes Ob and assists with helping them learn about the Gidim menace and how to use gestalts to mind-control the world. Oh, and Book 4 involves an encounter with Andrei, that might have some information from Andrei's perspective. Andrei pops up in a few future places.

3) I'd say... yes? I don't recall them being mentioned in the books following. Probably because Borne gets mind-wiped into unconsciousness at the end of Book 2, causing a large and final earthquake.

Ditto for Andrew, reading ahead is really important in Zeitgeist, I'm not going to repeat his reasons. I would note that the AP wasn't written all in one go and then released, it was released periodically, meaning there are lots of things invented in later books that actually have impacts on previous books.

Echolocation

Explorer
Thanks Andrew and Arkwright. I only recently picked up the rest of the AP (act 3), so I'm looking forward to reading the rest and saying my hunger. Hopefully I be won't need the forums to fill in my knowledge gaps.

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Asking questions is always a good idea , and sometimes answering them gives me an idea. I had forgotten I still had Cillian Creed available as a bad guy and I got reminded to I could bring him back when I needed an extra villain last week

Remove ads