D&D 5E Quintessential Starting Campaign for a group of new, young players.

wedgeski

Adventurer
This is precisely what the 5E starter set is for. Use the pre-gens or if you have 5e PHB have them make characters. Its a long, great, classic adventure. I cannot recommend it enough for new players or DMs.
I completely agree. We're deep into the last act of Phandelver and it has shown itself to be an exceptional adventure, starter or otherwise.

Bupp

Adventurer
I started my 14 year old daughter and 9 year old twin boys with B2. It was the first adventure I played through, and I've run it before, so I was very much familiar with it.

My daughter has run us through a few sessions of the Starter Set adventure, and I like that one as well.

Unwise

Adventurer
Phandelver for my vote, if you want to get them use to the idea that D&D is not just all dungeons. I don't have anything bad to say about it and I am a real negative nancy.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
... or Keep on the Shadowfell.
Not this adventure. I know it was supposed to be the introductory adventure for 4E, but it is terrible and boring.

I recommend a nice, "simple" game of 5E with the starter set. Make the game and world come alive. Give all the monsters good voices and don't be afraid to look silly.

delericho

Legend
"Lost Mine of Phandelver" (Starter Set) would get my vote.

But B2 or "The Sunless Citadel" should be good, too.

Oh, and I also had a good time running "The Shattered Circle" - a 2nd Ed adventure written by Bruce Cordell near the end of the that edition's run. It's a good one.

"Lost Mine of Phandelver" (Starter Set) would get my vote.

But B2 or "The Sunless Citadel" should be good, too.

Oh, and I also had a good time running "The Shattered Circle" - a 2nd Ed adventure written by Bruce Cordell near the end of the that edition's run. It's a good one.

Shattered Circle is great, though I'm not sure I'd use it as an intro for younger players necessarily. It's mostly dungeon crawl, whereas B2 or Phandelver sort of allow for a wider variety of stuff to do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases